Research ProgramPart 1: The gathering of records for Graves/Greaves families and their descendants, including census records in the U.S., the British Isles, Canada, and elsewhere, IGI records, military records, vital records, wills, etc. These records will be gathered by volunteers, put into a computer database, and the database will be available for searching by GFA members. The records listed below are the start of this effort.
- Census Records
- Parish Records
- Obituaries. Death, Birth and Marriage Notices
- Other Records
- Biographical Index of South Australians, 1836-1885
- Soldiers in Medieval England, 1369-1453 (as of 21 July 2009)
Contributions of Money and Time Needed
Both money ($50 minimum suggested) and people willing to do research and record gathering, and to guide the research program, are needed. Contact Ken Graves for more information.
Specific Research Projects
Although every Graves/Greaves/Grieve/etc. family undoubtedly has many research problems that they would like to see addressed, the Association will be selecting those that are of broadest interest and greatest impact for study and support. A list of the research projects that have been identified and progress to date is below. Clicking on the link of interest will take you to the page for that project. Please feel free to suggest other projects that should be included, especially if you would like to help.
- Capt. Thomas Graves of VA, Ancestors & Descendants -- Gen. 169. Common ancestor with gen. 65 and 168.
- Graves Families of Hertford/Harlow Area, Hartford, CT & VA -- Gen. 65 and 168. Common ancestor with gen. 169.
- Greaves Families of Beeley, Stepney & Macclesfield, England, and U.S. -- Gen. 228, 28, 166, 220, 247, etc.
- Graves Families of Cambridgeshie, Cumbria, and Lancashire, England -- Gen. 116, 374, 377, 683, etc.
- Graves Families of Lincolnshire, England & Lynn, MA -- Gen. 83 and 428
- Quaker Graves Families of Northern Ireland and Delaware -- Gen. 35, 85, etc.
- Graves/Greaves Families of Caroline Co. & Halifax Co., VA -- Gen. 18, 84, 145, 906, etc.