Revised 13 Jan. 2006, Gen. 57
DESCENDANTS OF THOMAS GRAVES AND MISS LILES OF TN
Thomas Graves (1) was probably born in Tennessee about 1750. He married a Miss Liles. (This information is from the Mormon records at Salt Lake City, Utah.) He lived in Carter Co., Tenn., and probably North and/or South Carolina. He had at least one son named William and probably had other children.
George Perkins, father of Anna Perkins, said in his application for a Rev. War pension that he lived on the Watauga River in N.C. for several years. The Watauga River flows from what is now Watauga Co., N.C. across the state line into Johnson and Carter counties, Tenn. The 1798 tax list for Carter Co., Tenn. shows: Benjamin Graves, 1 white poll; John Graves, 60 acres; George Perkins, 1 white poll, 100 acres; Jacob Perkins, 1 white poll, 240 acres. This John Graves was about 50 years old and the father of Benjamin and Nancy Ann Graves who married Jacob Perkins.
Also, see the genealogy for Hardy Graves who was born about 1775 in SC and died in Pike Co., AL. Could this Hardy be another son of Thomas Graves?
It is possible that there is a connection between this family and that of John Graves of Frederick Co., Va. and Coshocton Co., Ohio (genealogy 116), mainly based on intermarriages with the Perkins and Wright families. On this same basis, there is also a slight possibility of a connection with the family of John D. Graves of Md., Mo., and Ky (genealogy 111). However, it now seems much more likely that this is part of the Graves family of Caroline Co. and Halifax Co., VA, which includes genealogies 145, 92 and 155, based on name, place, and DNA similarities.. (R‑1)
Children - Graves
+2. William Graves, b.c. 1776, m. Anna E. Perkins, 1802, d. 11 Aug. 1830.
CHILDREN OF THOMAS GRAVES (1) AND ‑‑‑‑‑‑ LILES
William Graves (2) was born in Tennessee about 1776, and died 11 Aug. 1830 in Lawrence Co., KY. He married Anna or Anne ("Annie") E. Perkins, in 1802. She was a daughter of George Perkins (Rev. War soldier, one of 6 children of William Perkins and Mary ("Polly") Black) and Keziah Manning. The family lived in Carter Co., TN, then moved to Lawrence Co., Kentucky.
After William's death, the family moved to Lee Co., Iowa to the town of Primrose. Some of the family members apparently stayed in KY.
It was believed that there was a connection to the ill-fated Donner party that went to California in 1846. The people in the Donner party list with the surname Graves were: Eleanor, Elizabeth, Franklin Ward, F. W. Jr., Jonathan, Lovina, Mary, Nancy and W. C. However, the Graves family members in the Donner party were descendants of immigrant Thomas Graves of Hartford, Conn. and Hatfield, Mass. (see book by K. V. Graves.), and not related to this Graves family. (R‑1, R‑200)
Children - Graves
+3. Stephen Hardy Graves, b. 14 (or 15) Feb. 1803, m(1) Sally Childers, 5 April 1821, m(2) Sarah McKinstry, 14 Feb. 1829, d. 8 Aug. 1829 (or 1885).
+4. George Graves, b. 1805, m. Lucy Childers.
5. Nancy Anne (or Ann) Graves, b. 1807 (probably in Tenn.).
+6. Alexander Graves, b.c. 1809, m. Mary Bennett.
+7. Keziah Graves, b. 1811, m(1) William Childers, 7 Nov. 1821, m(2) Nathan Bartlett, 2 April 1843.
+8. William Liles Graves, b. 6 April 1818, m(1) Nancy Wilson, 2 Dec. 1838, m(2) Sarah Olfin, 7 Jan. 1841, m(3) Marinda Haskins, 14 Jan. 1844, d. 11 April 1861.
CHILDREN OF WILLIAM GRAVES (2) AND ANNA E. PERKINS
Stephen Hardy Graves (3) was born 15 (or 14) Feb. 1803 in Carter Co., TN, and died 8 Aug. 1885 in Lewis Co., MO. He supposedly first married Sally Childers on 5 April 1821 in Floyd Co., KY. (This is rather young, and none of the children shown below are by her; maybe she married another Hardy Graves.) He secondly married Sarah (“Sallie”) McKinstry, daughter of William McKinstry (or McKinster) and Elizabeth Hale Hinds, on 14 (or 22) Feb. 1829 in Lawrence Co., KY. She was born 16 July 1808 in VA, and died 10 Sept. 1887 in Inman, McPherson Co., KS. They moved to Iowa in 1837 and to Lewis Co., MO in 1854. His first 4 children were born in Lawrence Co., KY and the others in Lee Co., Iowa (except for Sarah, who was born in Lewis Co., MO).
The 1860 census for Salem, Lewis Co., MO, lists the entire family (by initials), except for Sidney, Lavisa, and William Wallace, who have apparently moved out. The 1870 census for Twp. 61, Range 9, Lewis Co., MO, page 767, listed S. H. Graves, 67, Sallie, 61, children Rebecca, 24, Eli, 19, and Stephen, 17, children of son William Wallace Graves, Sallie, 10, and John, 8, and children of son John Martin Graves, Martha A., 5, and Stephen H., 3. Neither Stephen nor Sallie have been found in the 1880 census in Lewis Co. or anywhere else in MO. (R‑1, R‑6, R‑200)
Children - Graves
+9. Anna Graves, b. 15 March 1830, m. Andrew J. McCullough, 18 Nov. 1860.
+10. Sidney Kyle Graves, b. 12 Aug. 1833, m. Dillard Collins, d. May 1882.
11. Louisa Keziah (or Lavisa Kagiak) Graves, b. 6 June 1835, m. Thomas Haydon. He d. 24 March 1888.
+12. William Wallace Graves, b. 6 June 1835, m(1) Martha A. Wright, m(2) Mary Wright, m(3) Katherine Jobes, d. 1910 (Superior, McPherson Co., KS).
+13. John Martin Graves, b. 20 Jan. 1838, m(1) Leez Haden, 25 Nov. 1863, m(2) Isabelle Caldwell, 24 July 1873, d. 15 Sept. 1918.
+14. Nancy Jane Graves, b. 1 June 1843, m. Benjamin Franklin Martin, d. 2 April 1924.
+15. Sarah Rebecca Graves, b. 7 Sept. 1845, m. James Ambrose Eakins, 5 March 1871, d. 21 Aug. 1904.
+16. Liles F. Graves, b. 21 May 1848, m. Minerva ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 1894.
+17. Elias Perkins Graves, b. 4 Nov. 1850, m. Sarah F. Perdue, 1871.
+18. Stephen Wesley Graves, b. 8 April 1853, m. Mary J. Fahs, 1884.
George Graves (4) was born 1805, probably in Tenn. He married Lucy Childers (or Children). (R‑1, R‑200)
Children - Graves
19. John Graves, m. Lucy Brown.
20. Sarah Graves, m. Elias Whetstone.
21. Stephen Graves, never married.
22. Rispah Graves, never married.
Alexander Graves (6) was born about 1808 or 1809 in either TN or KY. He married Mary Bennett, daughter of Isaac Bennett and Elizabeth (“Betsy”) Ruggles, in IA. She was born about 1823 in OH. (R‑5, R‑200)
Children - Graves
23. William Jasper Graves, b.c. 1844.
Keziah Graves (7) was supposedly born 1811, probably in Tenn. but possibly in Ky. However, either the date of her first marriage or her birth date is wrong, since she would have been only 10 at marriage. She first married William Childers (or Childress) on 7 Nov. 1821 in Floyd Co., Ky. She secondly married Nathan Bartlett on 2 April 1843. (R‑2)
Children - Childers
24. Mary Ann ("Sally" or "Polly") Childers, m(1) Riley Lanham, 7 Oct. 1839 (Lee Co., Iowa), m(2) Thomas Wilson, 16 July 1843 (Lee Co., Iowa). 1870 census shows her as Marian. According to History of Appanoosa Co., Iowa, Thomas Wilson was born 3 Feb. 1820 in Grant Co., Ky., m. Mrs. Mary Ann Chiddress Lanham, 16 July 1843, Lee Co., Iowa.
25. Catherine Childers, m(1) Joseph Bartlett, 12 March 1843 (Lee Co., Iowa), m(2) Nathan Dykes, d. Nov. 1890 (age 63 yrs., 3 mo., 17 days). Joseph d. 30 Oct. 1862 at 38 yrs., 4 mo., 18 days.
26. Bermah Childers, m. Zebulon Alphin, 3 Dec. 1840 (Lee Co., Iowa).
+27. James G. Childers, b.c. 1819, m. Anna Campbell, 8 Nov. 1847, d. 21 Aug. 1860.
+28. Amos Franklin Childers, b. 24 April 1833, m(1) Amanda Scott, 2 May 1852, m(2) Sarah Ellen Harter, 17 June 1871, d. 4 Jan. 1910.
William Liles Graves (8) was born 6 April 1818 in Floyd Co., Ky. He first married Nancy Wilson on 2 Dec. 1838. She died three days after they were married. He secondly married Sarah Olfin or Susan (or Susana) Allphin on 7 Dec. 1841. She died a year and a half later. He thirdly married Marinda Haskins on 14 Jan. 1844, supposedly at Primrose, Lee Co., Iowa. She was born in 1827 in Ohio. While they lived in Iowa, apparently a younger brother named Loudus Haskins was living with them, according to the 1850 census. He was 21 in 1850 and also born in Ohio.
Sometime after late 1850 and prior to April 1852, the family moved to Lewis Co., Mo. They were in the Lee Co., Iowa 1850 census and were on the 1860 census for Lewis Co., Mo. They were in Lewis Co., Mo. by April 1852, since the 1860 census indicates that their son, John F. Graves, was born in Missouri. William Liles Graves, bought 160 acres of farm land in Lewis Co. somewhere near Monticello and built a brick home. He died 11 April 1861 at his home, reportedly from an illness caused by inhalation of fumes from slaking of lime for mortar for the brick house. He was only 43 at the time of his death, his oldest child, James Morgan, being only 14. The family stayed together with the older boys running the farm until at least 1870, as they were on the 1870 census of Lewis Co., Mo. Sometime in 1870 or 1871, George Wayne Graves made a trip to Kansas, and came back and encouraged the family to sell the place and move to Kansas, which they did. (R‑1, R‑3, R‑200)
Children - Graves
+29. James Morgan Graves, b. 18 April 1846, m. Eliza Jane McCullough, 13 March 1870, d. 22 Jan. 1918.
+30. George Wayne Graves, b. 19 Feb. 1848, m. Betsy Chenoweth, 30 Jan. 1874, d. 26 Sept. 1908.
+31. John Franklin Graves, b. 3 April 1852, m. Kate Hall, 18 March 1873.
+32. Anna E. Graves, b. 24 Oct. 1854, m(1) Charles Sumption, m(2) Frank Strong.
33. Stephen Hardy Graves, b. 8 March 1857, d. 16 Feb. 1860.
+34. William Liles Graves, Jr., b. 7 Dec. 1859, m. Ida ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 1881.
35. Newton Turner Graves, b. 10 March 1861 (date may be in error since N. T. was reported to have been born after his father's death, which was 11 April 1861 and these dates don't fit the scheme of things.) Turner moved to Colorado about 1908 or 1909 and is believed to have died at Laramie, Colorado, date not known. Mrs. Broden located a Turner Graves in Boulder, Colo., but has not received a reply from him. He may be a son or grandson of Newton Turner Graves. However, there was a Turner Graves in the 1930 census for Highland Twp., Lewis Co., MO, ED 57, page 61, who was age 58, living in the household of Joseph West as a servant, who is almost certainly this N. T. Graves. No one close to the correct age with that name was found in the 1930 census.
CHILDREN OF STEPHEN H. GRAVES (3) AND SARAH McKINSTRY
Anna (or Ann) Graves (9) was born 15 March 1830 in Lawrence Co., KY. She married Andrew J. McCullough, son of Andrew McCullough (b.c. 1787 in Scotland), on 18 Nov. 1860, as his third wife. He was born about 1819 and died 25 April 1875. He first married Eliza Jane Anderson about 1843, probably in Missouri, and had four children. Eliza died in 1851, and Andrew secondly married a widow with several children, but this second marriage did not last long. All the children of Anna and Andrew were born in Knox Co., Mo. (R‑1)
Children - McCullough
36. Lisle Frank McCullough, b. 1861.
37. Anna Z. McCullough, b. 1863.
38. Laura M. McCullough, b. 1867.
Sidney Kyle Graves (10) was born 12 Aug. 1833 in Lawrence Co., KY, and died in May 1882. She married Dillard Collins. He was born about 1817 in VA. They were in the 1880 census for Centropolis, Franklin Co., KS.
Children - Collins
39. John M. Collins, b.c. 1861 (MO).
40. Dillard Collins, b.c. 1866 (KS).
41. Reuben S. Collins, b.c. 1874 (KS).
William Wallace Graves (12) was born 6 (or 7) June 1835 in Lawrence Co., KY, and died in 1910 in Superior, McPherson Co., KS. He first married Martha A. Wright. She was born 30 March 1841 and died 18 Oct. 1862. He secondly married Mary Wright of Tulula, Ill. He thirdly married Mrs. Katherine Jobes. Her full name may actually have been Sarah Catherine Jobes or Job, since William was in the 1880 census for LaBelle, Lewis Co., MO, page 149B, with wife Sarah C. Graves, age 43, born in MO, and stepdaughter Jennie L. Job, 21, born in MO. William later lived in Inman, McPherson Co., Kans. All his children were born in Lewis Co., MO. (R‑200)
Children - Graves, by Martha A. Wright
42. Sallie Ann Graves, b. 10 March 1860, never married, d. 5 May 1886.
+43. John Stephen Graves, b. 31 Oct. 1861, m. Emma B. Brooks, 24 Oct. 1888.
Children - Graves, by Mary Wright
44. William L. Graves, m. Maggie E. Knepper, 2 June 1895 (Bryan, Ohio). She was dau. of Allen Knepper of Bryan. They lived in Nebraska.
John Martin Graves (13) was born 20 Jan. 1838 in Lee Co., IA, died 15 Sept. (or 3 July) 1918 in Superior, McPherson Co., KS, and was buried in Inman, McPherson Co., KS. He married Leez Haden on 25 Nov. 1863 in Lewis Co., Mo. They lived in Arlington, Reno Co., Kansas. He was divorced in 1871, and secondly married Isabelle (“Belle”) Caldwell of DeWitt Co., IL on 24 July 1873. She was born in 1853 and died in 1946. His first two children were born in Lewis Co., Mo., and the other four in Kansas.
He was in the 1870 census for Twp. 61, Range 9, Lewis Co., MO, page 761, with his 2 children but no wife. Interestingly, his children were also listed in the household of his parents. The 1880 census for Groveland, McPherson Co., KS, page 385C, lists John M., 42, Isabell, 27, Martha A., 15, Stephen H., 13, Lloyd E., 5, and Orin L., 3. The 1900 census for Jackson, McPherson Co., KS, page 2B, lists J. M., Belle, C. D., and Ross. John was a farmer. (R‑4, R‑200)
Children - Graves, by Leez Haden
45. Martha Ann Graves, b. 1 May 1865, m. Henry Byers, 4 Oct. 1881. Lived in Inman, McPherson Co., Kans.
46. Stephen Hardy Graves, b. 25 Dec. 1866.
Children - Graves, by Belle Caldwell
+47. Lloyd Elliott Graves, b. 2 July 1874, m(1) Flora Etta Collins, 14 Feb. 1895, m(2) Minnie Shields, 1 Sept. 1910, d. 14 Nov. 1948.
48. Orrin L. Graves, b. 6 Jan. 1877 (McPherson Co., Kans.).
49. Charles D. Graves, b. 3 June 1882 (Hutchinson, Kans.).
50. Earl Ross Graves, b. 5 April 1891 (Pratt Co., Kans.).
Nancy Jane Graves (14) was born 1 June 1843 in Lee Co., IA, and died 2 April 1924 in Superior, McPherson Co., KS. She married Benjamin Franklin Martin, son of William L. Martin and Elizabeth Merrill. He was born 9 Aug. 1830 in KY, died 24 May 1910 in Superior, McPherson Co., KS, and was buried in Inman Municipal Cem., Superior Twp., McPherson Co., KS. They lived in Inman, KS. They were in the 1880 census for Superior, McPherson Co., KS. All their children were born in MO. (R‑6)
Children - Martin
+51. Sarah Jane Martin, b. 11 Sept. 1867, m. Fred G. Lutz, 9 April 1884, d. 9 May 1948.
52. William L. Martin, b.c. 1869.
+53. Franklin B. Martin, b.c. 1870, m. Jennie ‑‑‑‑‑‑, c. 1902.
Sarah Rebecca Graves (15) was born 7 (or 19) Sept. 1845 in IA (or Lewis Co., MO), and died 21 Aug. 1904 in superior, McPherson Co., KS. She married James Ambrose Eakins on 5 March 1871 in Lewis Co., MO. He was born 30 May 1846 in Green Co., TN, and died 10 Oct. 1923 in McPherson Co., KS. They lived in Inman, KS. They were in the 1880 census for Superior, McPherson Co., KS, with her parents living with them. Their first child was born in MO and all the others in KS.
Children - Eakins
54. Anna E. Eakins, b.c. 1872.
55. Sarah E. Eakins, b.c. 1874.
56. John S. Eakins, b.c. 1875.
57. Lyda L. Eakins, b.c. 1877.
58. George A. Eakins, b.c. 1877.
Liles F. Graves (16) was born 21 May (or March) 1848 in Lee Co., IA, and died in 1894. He married Minerva ‑‑‑‑‑‑. She was born about 1850 in MO. They were in the 1880 census for LaBelle, Lewis Co., MO, page 149B, living close to his brother Wallace.
Children - Graves
59. Julia E. Graves, b.c. 1877 (MO).
Elias (or Eli) Perkins Graves (17) was born 4 Nov. 1850 in Lee Co., IA. He married Sarah F. Perdue of Lewis Co., MO in 1871. They moved to McPherson Co., Kansas, where they lived for many years. He was Deputy Sheriff in McPherson Co. Both their children were born in Lewis Co., MO. They were in the 1880 census for Groveland, McPherson Co., KS, with Eli P., 29, Sarah F., 27, children Minnie B., 8, and Stephen R., 5, and Margaret Perdue, mother-in-law, 53. (R‑200)
Children - Graves
60. Minnie B. Graves, b. 1 May 1872.
61. Stephen Richard Graves, b. 26 Dec. 1874.
Stephen Wesley Graves (18) was born 8 April 1853 in Lee Co., IA. He married Mary J. Fahs, daughter of Benjamin and Mary Ann Fahs, in 1884. They lived in Inman, McPherson Co., Kansas. Both their children were born in Inman. They were in the 1900 census for Groveland, McPherson Co., KS, page 3A. He was a stockraiser. (R‑200)
Children - Graves
62. Irl (or Earl) Graves, b. 26 Nov. 1884.
63. Wesley Graves, b. 16 May 1891.
CHILDREN OF KEZIAH GRAVES (7) AND WILLIAM CHILDERS
James G. Childers (27) was born about 1819, died 21 Aug. 1860, and was buried in Mystic, Iowa. He married Anna Campbell on 8 Nov. 1847 in Appanoose Co., Iowa. At their marriage he was 18 and she was 16 years of age. After James' death, Anna secondly married Andrew Cummings on 27 Aug. 1861 and had one son, Riley. She thirdly married William Darrah on 16 April 1864. (R‑2)
Children - Childers
64. Harvey Childers
65. William L. Childers
66. James A. C. Childers
Amos Franklin Childers (28) was born 24 April 1833 in Lawrence Co., Ky., died 4 Jan. 1910 in Cherry Co., Nebraska, and was buried in Kilgore, Neb. His name was spelled Amis on his gravestone. He lived in Iowa, Neb., Mo., and Ky. He first married Amanda Scott on 2 May 1852 at the home of Nathan Bartlett in Appanoose Co., Iowa. He had 2 or 3 children by Amanda. He left his family before the 1860 census. The story is that he went west to avoid the Civil War. Amanda was living with Amos's mother and second husband. There was some contact between Amos's first family and his second family, but that was many years ago.
He secondly married Sarah Ellen Harter, daughter of Fredrick Harter and Mary Higher, on 17 (or 18) June 1871 in Appanoose Co., Iowa. When they were married, Amos was listed as 38 and Sarah as 22. Sarah was born 28 March 1847 in Allen Co., Ohio, and died 14 March 1894 in Cherry Co., Neb. in a snow storm. She was buried in Cody, Neb. and her remains were later moved to Kilgore, Neb.
The first four children were listed in the 1880 Chariton Co., Mo. census. The last four were listed in the 1900 Nebraska census. (R‑2)
Children - Childers, by Sarah E. Harter
67. Nathan Warren Childers, b. 14 March 1872 (Iowa), d. 12 Oct. 1950.
68. Cora Alice Childers, b. 24 Nov. 1873 (Iowa), m(1) ‑‑‑‑‑‑ Mulclagler, m(2) Frank Sherman Hoffman, 20 April 1894 (Cherry Co., Neb.), d. 4 Nov. 1941 (Cherry Co., Neb.). Bur. Kilgore, Neb.
69. Annie Eliza Childers, b. 5 Feb. 1876 (Iowa), m. Wesley Dillon, d. 17 July 1926 (Crawford, Neb.). Bur. Crawford Cem.
+70. Florence Childers, b. 3 March 1878, m. Elmer Edwin Hoffman, 9 April 1893, d. 27 July 1930.
71. Laura Ellen Childers, b. 11 Oct. 1880 (Mo.), m. Edgar Nation, 10 Sept. 1959.
72. Rosa May Childers, b. 5 Nov. 1883 (Mo.), m. Carl Hamaker, d. 11 Jan. 1961 (Crawford, Neb.). Bur. Crawford Cem.
73. Charles Monroe Childers, b. 1 April 1887 (Mo.), m(1) Pearl Mudge, m(2) Myrtle Byers Pinney, d. 4 July 1952 (Casper, Wyo.). Bur. Highland Cem.
74. Albert Lee Childers, b. 1 Jan. 1890 (Neb.), m. Daisy Rose Barnes, 21 Feb. 1910, d. 29 July 1963 (Eaglisham, Alberta, Canada).
CHILDREN OF WILLIAM L. GRAVES (8) AND MARINDA HASKINS
James Morgan Graves (29) was born 18 April 1846 at Primrose, Lee Co., Iowa. He married Eliza Jane McCullough, daughter of Eliza Jane Anderson and Andrew McCullough, on 13 March 1870 in either Knox or Lewis Co., Mo. She was born 7 May 1850 in Knox Co., Mo. By 1871 they had moved to Kansas, having moved as a separate family at the same time his father's family went. After a few years in Kansas, they moved to Oklahoma briefly and then back to Missouri, then on to Nebraska to the Mitchell Valley. In 1889 they started a covered wagon trek to the Washington Territory. He died 22 Jan. 1918 in Riverside, Wash., and she died 11 Aug. 1933. They were both buried in Riverside Cem., Riverside, Wash. (R‑1)
Children - Graves
+75. Mary Belle Graves, b. 1 Aug. 1871, m. Harry Saddler, d. 28 Sept. 1937.
76. George Morgan Graves, b. 13 July 1873 (Kansas), never married, d. 23 Dec. 1947 (Deaconess Hosp., Spokane, Wash.). Buried at The Pines Cem., Spokane, Wash.
77. William Andrew Graves, b. 18 April 1875 (Mercer Co., Mo.), m. Lilly Hoig, d. 5 April 1962 (French Rest Home, Pateros, Wash.). Lived for years at Omak, Wash. Buried at Riverside Cem., Riverside, Wash. No children.
78. James Mark Graves, b. 5 May 1877 (Texas), never married, d. 7 April 1966. (Hit by car while crossing Freeway near Spokane Bridge.) Buried at The Pines Cem., Opportunity, Wash.
+79. Bertie Maud Graves, b. 11 Oct. 1879, m. Hugh Graves, d. 18 Aug. 1956.
80. Eliza Jane Graves, b. 18 April 1882 (5 miles from Waverly, 20 miles from Emporia, Coffee Co., Kansas), m. Herman Schmidt, 1904 (Missoula, Montana), d. 30 Oct. 1969 (Spokane, Wash.). Separated shortly after marriage and remained single the rest of her life. No children. Buried at The Pines Cem., Opportunity, Wash.
+81. Hettie Annie (or Anna) Graves, b. 30 March 1885, m. Dimpey Pickens, d. 1 Sept. 1925.
82. Francis Willis Graves, b. 12 Sept. 1887 (Scotts Bluff or Mitchell Valley, Neb.), lived at Malott, Casland, and Cle Elum, Wash. Was a World War I veteran, and served in France. Never married, d. Aug. 1967. Buried at Sunset Hills Cem., Bellevue, Wash.
+83. Frank Orien Graves, b. 23 Jan. 1890, m. Hazel Elizabeth Bell, 23 Sept. 1922, d. 9 June 1966.
George Wayne Graves (30) was born 19 Feb. 1848 at Primrose, Lee Co., Iowa, and died 26 Sept. 1908. He married Betsy Chenoweth on 30 Jan. 1874. (R‑1)
Children - Graves
+84. Eli Wayne Graves, b. 29 Nov. 1875, m. Ethel Martin, 11 Feb. 1911, d. 23 Nov. 1922.
+85. Nellie Marinda Graves, b. 11 Jan. 1878, m. LaFayette C. Anderson, 29 Jan. 1896, d. 30 Sept. 1937.
+86. Roy Leslie Graves, b. 3 Aug. 1881, m(1) Edna Martin, m(2) Ora Tennison, d. 1 Nov. 1968.
+87. Julia Eva Graves, b. 6 April 1883, m. Archie Albert Anderson, 14 April 1901.
+88. Willie Mina Graves, b. 12 Aug. 1885, m. (Rev.) Salmon Bulkeley, 22 March 1911, d. 10 Feb. 1965.
John F. Graves (31) was born 3 April 1852. He married Kate Hall on 18 March 1873. (R‑1)
Children - Graves
89. Mattie Graves
90. John F. Graves, Jr.
91. Minnie Graves
Anna (“Annie”) E. Graves (32) was born 24 Oct. 1854 in Lewis Co., Mo. She first married Charles ("Charlie") Sumption on 3 Dec. 1871 in Butler Co., Kansas. She secondly married Frank Strong. All her children were born in KS. (R‑1)
Children - Sumption
92. Harry (or Henry) C. Sumption, b.c. 1875.
93. Mable E. Sumption, b.c. 1877.
94. Minnie Sumption, b.c. 1880.
William Liles Graves, Jr. (34) was born 7 Dec. 1859 in Lewis Co., Mo., and died in Durango, Colorado, date unknown. He married Ida ‑‑‑‑‑‑ in 1881 in Beaver, Okla. (R‑1)
Children - Graves
95. John Franklin Graves
96. Clara Augustine Graves
97. Rosie Mae Graves
98. George Wayne Graves
Return to Alphabetical Ancestor Listing
Return to Main Page