Rev. 6 Aug. 1995, Gen. 342
DESCENDANTS OF ------ GRAVES AND JANE B. ELLIOTT
OF VA, AL, MO & TX
------ Graves (1) was born in VA, and died between 1845 and 1850 in MO. He married Jane B. Elliott. She was born in 1810 in NC, and died in TX.
The 1850 census for St. Genevieve, MO listed Jane, her four children, T. L. Hampton, b.c. 1839, MO, and Ned Logan, b.c. 1775, VA. It is not known who these last 2 people were, but Ned Logan at age 75 must have been a relative, possibly an uncle of Jane.
In the 1860 census for Panola Co., TX, Jane and her 2 youngest children were living with Jane's sister, Cynthia Elliott (b. 1812, NC), Cynthia's husband, Samuel B. Lacy (b. 1811, KY, m. 26 March 1832, Marengo Co., AL), and the 7 Lacy children. (R-1)
Children - Graves
2. John Graves, b.c. 1830 (VA).
3. Nancy Graves, b.c. 1835 (AL).
4. Cinthia Graves, b.c. 1841-42 (St. Genevieve, MO).
+5. Edward Marion Graves, b.c. 1844-45, m. Frances Letittia Killion, 24 April 1875, d.c. 1883.
CHILDREN OF ------ GRAVES (1) AND JANE B. ELLIOTT
Edward Marion Graves (5) was born about 1844-45 in St. Genevieve, MO, and died about 1883 at Sabine River, TX. He married Frances Letittia Killion, called Letittia, on 24 April 1875 in Panola Co., TX, by Rev. King, minister of the gospel. She was born in Spring Creek, AR, and died about 1892. All their children were born in TX. (R-1)
Children - Graves
6. Jenny Threse Graves (grandmother of Ms. Tennyson), b.c. 1876, m. A. W. Thomas, 5 Jan. 1893, d. 1968 (TX).
7. John Edward Graves, b.c. 1878, married several times. Had children by each marriage.
8. Lou Ella Graves, b.c. 1880, m. W. R. Yountz.
9. Wiley Graves, b.c. 1882, died young.
Return to Alphabetical Ancestor Listing
Return to Main Page