Rev. 11 Dec. 2009, Gen. 348
DESCENDANTS OF THOMAS GRAVES AND ANN ------
OF LINCOLNSHIRE, ENGLAND
Thomas Graves (1) married Ann ‑‑‑‑‑‑. They lived in Hemingby, Lincolnshire, England.
In the Public Member Trees on Ancestry.com is a genealogy that gives SarahÕs parents as William Graves (b.c. 23 Sept. 1781 in Folkingham, Lincs.) and Martha Trigg. This is genealogy 317, and this couple supposedly married in 1804, making it unlikely that Sarah was their daughter. There is also a genealogy that gives SarahÕs parents as William Graves and Mary King, with no dates or places, submitted by the same person as the first one. Until evidence is found to show that Thomas Graves and Ann were not her parents, this genealogy will stay as it is. (R‑1)
Children - Graves
+2. Sarah Graves, b.c 1801, m. Henry Howard, 1824.
CHILDREN OF THOMAS GRAVES (1) AND ANN ------
Sarah Graves (2) was born about 1801 in Folkingham, Lincolnshire. She married Henry Howard in 1824 in Folkingham, Lincs. He was born 1 Feb. 1801 in Folkingham, and died there. All their children were born in Folkingham, Lincs. (R‑1, R‑2)
Children - Howard
3. Mary Howard, b.c. 1825, m. William Lordlands. He was born 20 May 1819 in Folkingham, Norfolk.
4. George Howard, b.c. 1827.
+5. Martha Howard, b. June 1830, m. Christopher Wright, March 1852, d. March 1885.
+6. Henry Howard, b. 25 Nov. 1832, m. Louisa Jane Baskett, d. 1875.
7. Ann Howard, b.c. 1834.
8. Elizabeth Howard, b.c. 1836.
9. Sarah Howard, b.c. 1839.
10. Jane Howard, b.c. 1840.
11. Benjamin Howard, b. 14 Aug. 1842.
12. William Howard, b.c. 1848.
CHILDREN OF SARAH GRAVES (2) AND HENRY HOWARD
Martha Howard (5) was born in June 1830 in Folkingham, Lincs., and died in March 1885 in Grantham, Lincs. She married Christopher Wright, son of George F. Wright (1794-1873) and Jane ‑‑‑‑‑‑, in March 1852 in Folkingham, Lincs. He was born about 1824 and died in June 1878, both in Grantham, Lincs. All their children were born in Grantham. (R‑1, R‑3)
Children - Wright
+13. Christopher H. Wright, b.c. 1859, m. Hannah Freeman, 1886.
14. Sarah Elizabeth Wright, b.c. 1861.
15. Elizabeth Wright, b.c. 1863.
+16. Arthur Ernest Wright, b. March 1868, m. Elizabeth Estelle Oram, 27 Feb. 1888, d. 2 Jan. 1927.
17. Alice Wright, b.c. 1872.
18. Ernest Wright, b.c. 1874.
Henry Howard (6) was born 25 Nov. 1832 in Folkingham, Lincolnshire, and died in 1875 in Westminster, London (or in Teddington, Surrey). He married Louisa (or Lucy) Jane Baskett. She was born about 1836 in Stanway, Essex, and died in Middlesex. All their children were born in Westminster, London. (R‑2)
Children - Howard
19. Elizabeth Howard, b.c. 1860.
20. Henry Howard, b.c. 1862.
+21. Ellen Howard, b. 4 July 1865, m. Charles Burt, 29 Aug. 1883, d. 1950.
22. Alice Howard, b.c. 1868.
+23. Lucy Jane Howard, b.c. 1870, m. Bartlett Wright Collins.
24. Annie Howard, b.c. 1875.
CHILDREN OF MARTHA HOWARD (5) AND CHRISTOPHER WRIGHT
Christopher H. Wright (13) was born about 1859 in Grantham, Lincs. He married Hannah Freeman, daughter of Samuel Freeman and Martha ‑‑‑‑‑‑, in 1886 in Leicestershire. She was born about 1859 in Ibstock, Leicestershire, and was living with her sister, Elizabeth A. Pemberton, in Grantham in 1881. They were in the 1891 census for Grantham, Lincs., when her widowed mother was living with them. They were in the 1901 census for Great Grimsby, Lincs., when his brother Ernest was living with them. He was a butcher. All their children were born in Grantham, Lincs. (R‑1)
Children - Wright
+25. Christopher H. Wright, b.c. 1888, m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑ Church, 1910.
26. Constance M. Wright, b.c. 1890, may have d. by 1901.
27. Elsie Millicent Wright, b.c. 1893.
28. Gerald F. Wright, b.c. 1896.
Arthur Ernest Wright (16) was born in March 1868 in Grantham, Lincolnshire, and died 2 Jan. 1927 in Wealdstone, Middlesex. He married Elizabeth Estelle Oram on 27 Feb. 1888 in Islington, Middlesex. She was born in March 1867 in St. Giles, Middlesex. Their first child was born in Reading, Berkshire, and the others in Watford, Hertfordshire. (R‑3)
Children - Wright
+29. Elizabeth Ethel M. Wright, b. March 1889, m. Bertie Walker, 9 Feb. 1916, d. 21 Jan. 1977.
30. Arthur Wright, b. March 1892.
31. Lillian Wright, b.c. 1895.
32. May Wright, b.c. 1896.
33. Olive Wright, b.c. 1899.
CHILDREN OF HENRY HOWARD (6) AND LOUISA J. BASKETT
Ellen Howard (21) was born 4 July 1865 in Westminster, London, and died in 1950 in Streatham, Surrey. She married Charles Burt, son of James Burt and Jane Jeffery, on 29 Aug. 1883 in St. John the Evangelist, Westminster, Middlesex. He was born 8 Jan. 1862 in Odcombe, Yeovil, Somerset, and died in London. (R‑2)
Children - Burt
+34. Lucy Jane Burt, b. 17 Jan. 1884, m. Benjamin Joseph Quemby, d. 29 Aug. 1950.
35. Edwin Ernest Burt, b. 23 Oct. 1890 (London, England), m. Cynthia Oenone A. Lush, d. 12 May 19— (Salisbury, Rhodesia). She was b. 12 Dec. 1898 in Tisbury, Wiltshire, and d. 15 Aug. 19—in Salisbury, Rhodesia. 1 son.
36. Sidney Burt, b.c. 1895 (Pimlico, Victoria, London), m. Barbara Mary Hyatt. She was b. 4 Feb. 1909 in Wolverhampton, West Midlands, England. 2 sons.
37. Marie H. Burt, b.c. 1901 (Pimlico, Victoria, London).
38. James H. Burt, b.c. 1903 (Westminster, London), m. Patience Burt. She was b.c. 1907 in London.
Lucy Jane Howard (23) was born about 1870 in Westminster, London. She married Bartlett Wright Collins. He was born about 1867 in Aylsham, Norfolk, and died in 1926 in Felixstowe, Suffolk. All their children were born in Westminster, London. (R‑2)
Children - Collins
39. Ellen Frances Collins, b.c. 1885, d. 1975 (Leyton).
40. Alice Lucy Collins, b.c. 1888.
41. Bertha Florence Collins, b.c. 1891, m. James Shean, d. 1982. He was b.c. 1893 in Charlton Horethorne, Somerset, and d. 1967. 1 daughter.
CHILDREN OF CHRISTOPHER H. WRIGHT (13) AND HANNAH FREEMAN
Christopher H. Wright (25) was born about 1888 in Grantham, Lincolnshire. He married ‑‑‑‑‑‑ Church in 1910 in Grimsby, Lincolnshire. (R‑1)
Children - Wright
+42. I. M. Wright, m. E. Denton, 1936.
CHILDREN OF ARTHUR E. WRIGHT (16) AND ELIZABETH E. ORAM
Elizabeth Ethel M. Wright (29) was born in March 1889 in Reading, Berkshire, and died 21 Jan. 1977 in Wealdstone, Greater London. She married Bertie Walker on 9 Feb. 1916 in Wealdstone, Middlesex. (R‑3)
Children - Walker
+43. Olive May Walker, b. 2 May 1917, m. Ernest Harold Rowson, 16 April 1938, d. Oct. 1992.
44. Frederick John Walker, b. 8 March 1923, m. Jean Theobald, 29 March 1947 (Wealdstone, Middlesex), d. 8 Dec. 2003 (Bournemouth, Dorset). She was b. 23 March 1926 in Wealdstone, Middlesex, and d. 29 July 2007 in Highcliffe-on-Sea, Dorset. 4 children.
CHILDREN OF ELLEN HOWARD (21) AND CHARLES BURT
Lucy Jane Burt (34) was born 17 Jan. 1884 (or 12 Jan. 1885) in 29 F Block Peabody Buildings, Orchard Street, Westminster, and died 29 Aug. 1950 in Laleham, Staines, Middlesex. She married Benjamin Joseph Quemby, son of Joseph James Quemby and Eliza Cook Jauncey. He was born 19 Dec. 1875 in Lambeth, Surrey, and died 29 Nov. 1949 in Twickenham, Surrey. (R‑2)
Children - Quemby
45. James Charles Quemby, b. 4 Nov. 1908 (Wandsworth, London), m. Doris Emily Annie McCully, 26 Jan. 1942 (Croydon, Surrey), d. 14 March 2002 ( Combe Martin, Devon). She was b. 20 Feb. 1910 in Kennington, Lambeth, London, and d. 1 April 2005 in St. Coulitz, Brittany, France, dau. of Arthur I. McCully and Mary Ann Killick. 2 daughters.
46. Anthony Ronald Quemby, b. 15 Feb. 1911 (Battersea, London), d. 18 Jan. 1941 (Ireland).
Return to Alphabetical Ancestor Listing
Return to Main Page