Rev. 10 July 2016, Gen. 564
DESCENDANTS OF JOHN GREAVES AND SARAH HAY OF LANCASHIRE, ENGLAND
John Greaves (1) was born in Lancashire, England, probably about 1780. His father may have been named John Greaves also. He married Sarah Hay. She was born in Lancashire, England. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves
+2. John Greaves, b. 15 Oct. 1806, m. Mary Worthington, 30 June 1823, d. before 1851.
CHILDREN OF JOHN GREAVES (1) AND SARAH HAY
John Greaves (2) was born 15 Oct. 1806 in Oldham, Lancashire, and died before 1851 in Tonge, Middleton by Oldham, Lancashire. He married Mary Worthington, daughter of John Worthington and Mary Whitaker, on 30 June 1823 in Prestwich, Lancashire. She was born about 1800 in Chadderton, Lancashire. All their children were born in Tonge, Lancashire. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves
+3. Samuel Greaves, b.c. 1824, m. Martha ‑‑‑‑‑‑, c. 1845, d. before 1881.
4. Hannah Greaves, b.c. 1825.
5. Ellen Greaves, b.c. 1826, d. before 1832.
+6. John Greaves, b.c. 1829, m. Charlotte Greenwood, 26 Feb. 1854.
7. Ellen Greaves, b.c. 1831.
+8. George Greaves, b. 11 Sept. 1833, m(1) Harriet Taylor, 25 Sept. 1853, m(2) Elizabeth Latimer, 20 May 1883, d. 22 Aug. 1886.
CHILDREN OF JOHN GREAVES (2) AND MARY WORTHINGTON
Samuel Greaves (3) was born about 1824 in Tonge, Lancashire, and died before 1881. He married Martha ‑‑‑‑‑‑. She was born about 1820 in Middleton, Lancs. They were in the 1851 census for Tonge, Lancs. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves
+9. John Greaves, b.c. 1846, m. Hannah ‑‑‑‑‑‑, c. 1869, d. before 1891.
John Greaves (6) was born about 1829 in Tonge, Middleton by Oldham, Lancs. He married Charlotte Greenwood on 26 Feb. 1854 in St. Mary, St. Denys and St. George, Manchester, Lancs. She was born about 1823 in Manchester, Lancs. They were in the 1861, 1871 and 1881 censuses for Oldham, Lancs. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves
10. John G. Greaves, b.c. 1853 (Ashton, Lancashire), probably d. before 1871.
George Greaves (8) was born 11 Sept. 1833 in Tonge, Middleton by Oldham, Lancashire, and died 22 Aug. 1886 in Chadderton, Oldham, Lancs. He first married Harriet Taylor, daughter of Robert Taylor and Hannah Bradbury, on 25 Sept. 1853 in Manchester, Lancs. She was born 27 Jan. 1832 in Middleton, Lancs., and died 2 Nov. 1905 in Bountiful, Davis Co., UT. Harriet married second John Easthope on 4 May 1878 in Salt Lake City, UT, USA. George and Harriet with son John (but not daughter Sarah) were in the 1861 census for Tonge, Lancs., living with her widowed mother. They were in the 1871 census for Oldham, Lancs. with all 3 of their children.
George married second Elizabeth Latimer, daughter of James Latimer and Hannah Daniels, on 20 May 1883 in Coldhurst, Lancs. She was born 10 Dec. 1848 in Manchester, Lancs. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves, by Harriet Taylor
+11. Sarah Hannah Greaves, b. 20 Aug. 1855, m(1) John Ackroyd, 24 Nov. 1879, m(2) Elijah Hayes, 23 Sept. 1890, d. 17 Feb. 1933.
+12. John Robert Greaves, b. 28 Feb. 1856, m. Hannah Jane Kershaw, 2 April 1877, d. 28 Oct. 1930.
+13. Heber Taylor Greaves, b. 25 April 1862, m(1) Alice Smith, 10 Feb. 1885, m(2) Ada Marriott, 21 April 1889, d. 26 June 1934.
CHILDREN OF SAMUEL GRAVES (3) AND MARTHA ------
John Greaves (9) was born about 1846 in Middleton, Lancashire, and died before 1891. He married Hannah ‑‑‑‑‑‑ about 1869 in Lancashire. She was born about 1845 in Saddleworth, Yorkshire. Both their children were born in Saddleworth. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves
14. Samuel Greaves, b.c. 1871, d. before 1881 (Lancashire).
15. Martha Greaves, b.c. 1873.
CHILDREN OF GEORGE GREAVES (8) AND HARRIETT TAYLOR
Sarah Hannah Greaves (11) was born 20 Aug. 1855 in Middleton, Lancashire, and died 17 Feb. 1933 in Bountiful, Davis Co., UT. Her name was given as Susannah in the 1871 census for Oldham, Lancs. She first married John Ackroyd, son of John Ackroyd and Susannah Elizabeth Buckley Bradbury, on 24 Nov. 1879 in Oldham, Lancs. He was born about 1854 in Durham, County Durham, and died in Jan. 1908 in Haslingden, Lancashire.
She married second Elijah Hayes, son of Charles Hayes and Priscilla Gorin, on 23 Sept. 1890 in Davis Co., UT. He was born 14 Feb. 1854 in Somerset, England, and died 29 April 1916 in Bountiful, Davis Co., UT, USA. All the children by this marriage were born in Bountiful, UT. (R‑1)
Children – Ackroyd
16. George Ackroyd (or Greaves), b. 7 Aug. 1879 (Oldham, Lancs.), d. 1898 (Bountiful, Davis Co., UT).
17. Harriet Ann Ackroyd, b. Dec. 1880 (Chadderton, Lancs.), d. 13 March 1882 (Lancs.).
18. Joseph Ackroyd, b. Sept. 1883 (Oldham, Lancs.), d. 3 Oct. 1883 (Chadderton, Lancs.).
+19. Annie Ackroyd, b. 27 June 1886, m. Archibald Lindsey Parkin, 13 April 1904, d. 21 June 1949.
Children – Hayes
20. Charles Hyrum Hayes, b. and d. 26 April 1890.
21. Elijah William Hayes, b. and d. 26 April 1890.
+22. Roy E. Hayes, b. 23 May 1893, m. Ethel Clark, 7 Sept. 1916, d. 14 April 1976.
+23. Hattie Hayes, b. 20 March 1895, m. Arnold Miller Steed, 24 May 1917, d. 22 Jan. 1973.
24. Willard Hayes, b. 20 Oct. 1898, m. Francis Harriet Holbrook, 6 Aug. 1935 (Salt Lake City, UT), d. 14 March 1974 (Salt Lake City, UT). She was b. 19 Nov. 1907 in Bountiful, UT, and d. 7 Oct. 1966 in Salt Lake City, UT, dau. of Lindsey Holbrook and Annie Frances Harriet Baker.
John Robert Greaves (12) was born 28 Feb. 1856 in Oldham, Lancashire, and died 28 Oct. 1930 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. He married Hannah Jane Kershaw, daughter of Thomas Kershaw and Martha Lord, on 2 April 1877 in St. James, Oldham, Lancashire. She was born 2 June 1859 and died 14 March 1919, both in Oldham, Lancashire. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves
+25. Martha Alice Greaves, b. 20 Nov. 1877, m. Joseph Seddon Belshaw, 6 April 1903, d. 15 Aug. 1952.
26. Heber Greaves, b. 8 July 1879 (Oldham, Lancs.), m. Annie Taylor, May 1904 (Oldham, Lancs.), d. Montreal, Quebec, Canada. She was b.c. 1885 in Oldham, Lancs.
27. Frank Greaves, b. 1881 (Chadderton, Lancs.), m. Eliza Anne Whitehead, 1904 (Oldham, Lancs.), d. 1926 (New Zealand). She was b.c. 1882 in Oldham, Lancs., and d. in May 1979.
+28. William Greaves, b. 22 Feb. 1884, m. Rhoda Salmon, 26 Dec. 1910, d. 6 June 1925.
29. Georgina Greaves, b. Sept. 1886 (Chadderton, Lancs.), d. 1943 (Montreal, Quebec, Canada).
+30. John Thomas Greaves, b. March 1899, m. Agnes Chadderton, April 1919, d. 13 July 1955.
+31. May Greaves, b. 15 May 1891, m. Charles Exley, 2 Nov. 1913, d. May 1940.
32. Eliza Ann (“Annie”) Greaves, b. 2 June 1893 (Oldham, Lancs.), m. Louis Busby, d. Dec. 1978 (Cornwall, Stormont, Ontario, Canada).
Heber Taylor Greaves (13) was born 25 April 1862 in Huddersfield, Yorkshire, and died 26 June 1934 in San Francisco, CA. He first married Alice Smith, daughter of William Smith and Mary Hibbert, on 10 Feb. 1885. She was born 18 Nov. 1868 in Kaysville, Davis Co., UT, and died 19 April 1936 in Douglas, Cochise Co., AZ.
He married second Ada Marriott, daughter of Edward Marriott and Jane Mandeville, on 21 April 1889 in Mancoc, Montezuma Co., CO. She was born 19 Jan. 1870 in Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire, and died 6 Feb. 1917 in Salt Lake City, UT. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves, by Ada Marriott
33. Heber Marriott Greaves, b. 21 March 1890 (Mancos, Montezuma Co., CO), d. 17 March 1891.
+34. George Edward Greaves, b. 9 July 1892, m(1) Frieda Minna Andra, 10 June 1914, m(2) Ella Irene Main, 8 Feb. 1929, d. Dec. 1968.
+35. Wilford Thomas Greaves, b. 18 July 1894, m. Elsa Sarah Mangum, 20 Oct. 1920, d. 23 May 1957.
36. Ada Gwendlynn Greaves, b. 22 Oct. 1896 (Sandy, Salt Lake Co., UT), d. 25 Oct. 1906 (Bountiful, Davis Co., UT).
+37. Robert Vernon Greaves, b. 10 April 1899, m. Della Karren Andreason, 10 Nov. 1920, d. 25 Aug. 1964.
38. Amy Gladdis Greaves, b. 25 Sept. 1901 (Mancos, Montezuma Co., CO), d. 3 March 1908 (Bountiful, Davis Co., UT).
+39. Jane Manderville Greaves, b. 18 Nov. 1913, m(1) Perry Lee Brauner, 23 Nov. 1931, m(2) Clarence Hansen, m(3) Raymond Eugene Cole, 12 June 1959, d. 28 Oct. 1989.
CHILDREN OF SARAH HANNAH GREAVES (11)
Annie Ackroyd (19) was born 27 June 1886 in Oldham, Lancashire, and died 21 June 1949 in Salt Lake City, UT. She married Archibald (“Archie”) Lindsey Parkin, son of Hyrum Parkin and Phebe Phylinda Stanley, on 13 April 1904 in Salt Lake City, UT. He was born 11 Aug. 1877 and died 16 Nov. 1950, both in South Bountiful, Davis Co., UT. (R‑1)
Children – Parkin
+40. Archie Lee Parkin, b. 12 June 1909, m. Clara Emma Florence, 12 June 1930, d. 2 Dec. 1977.
+41. Johnetta LaVon Parkin, b. 19 Jan. 1912, m. Wallace Burnell Jones, 14 June 1930, d. 13 Sept. 1978.
+42. Sarah Leona Parkin, b. 11 Feb. 1914, m. Grant Huber Worthen, 3 Jan. 1931, d. 17 Jan. 1951.
+43. Keith Parkin, b. 22 May 1916, m. Doris Dolar, 1 Sept. 1936, d. 23 Oct. 1953.
44. Max Hyrum Parkin, b. 6 Feb. 1918 (Bountiful, Davis Co., UT), m(1) Bettie Johnson, m(2) ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 28 July 1984 (Port Angeles, WA).
+45. Irene Parkin, b. 4 April 1921, m. Merlin June Burr, d. 30 Nov. 2004.
46. Fay Parkin, b. 4 March 1922 (Bountiful, UT), d. 9 March 1922 (Bountiful, UT).
47. Blaine Ackroyd Parkin, b. 17 April 1924 (Woods Cross, Davis Co., UT), m. Lillie Henrietta Grow, 13 March 1943, d. 22 July 1964 (Salt Lake City, UT). She was b. 25 June 1925 in Salt Lake City, UT, and d. 26 Jan. 2013, dau. of Marco Bartlett Grow and Selma Henrietta Fernstrom. 1 daughter.
48. Betty Viola Parkin, b. 3 Oct. 1926 (South Bountiful, Davis Co., UT), m. John Durby Sarls, 10 Sept. 1945, d. 17 Dec. 2006 (West Jordan, Salt Lake Co., UT). He was b. 3 Jan. 1924 in Rock Springs, Sweetwater Co., WY, and d. 25 Nov. 1992 in West Jordan, Salt Lake Co., UT, son of Steve John Sarls and Harriett Jane Mecham.
+49. Martin J. Parkin, b. 12 Sept. 1929, m. Ruth S. ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 6 June 1988.
Roy E. Hayes (22) was born 23 May 1893 in Bountiful, Davis Co., UT, and died 14 April 1976 in Salt Lake City, UT. He married Ethel Clark, daughter of James Edmund Clark and Annie Josephine Johnson, on 7 Sept. 1916 in Salt Lake City, UT. She was born 16 Jan. 1897 in Grantsville, Tooele Co., UT, and died 23 Nov. 1988 in Salt Lake City, UT. They were in the 1940 census for Salt Lake City, UT. (R‑1)
Children – Hayes
+50. Eddie Roy Hayes, b. 1 June 1917, m. Betty Jane Tonnesen, d. 14 April 2012.
51. Fred Dean Hayes, b. 8 Jan. 1919 (Grantsville, Tooele Co., UT), m. Nettie Loraine Cook, 10 Jan. 1942 (Las Vegas, Clark Co., NV), d. 24 Feb. 2002 (Bountiful, UT). She was b. 24 Feb. 1921 in Cedar Fort, UT, and d. 3 Sept. 2003, dau. of William Henry Cook and Elizabeth Pearl Elton.
52. Robert Clyde Hayes, b. 30 Aug. 1920 (Burmester, Tooele Co., UT), d. 27 Aug. 1981 (North Salt Lake, Davis Co., UT).
53. Donald George Hayes, b. 6 Nov. 1922 (Bountiful, Davis Co., UT), d. 29 Nov. 1922.
54. Kenneth Hayes, b.c. 1925 (UT). Living in 2009.
+55. Wallace Sterling Hayes, b. 9 Oct. 1926, m. Beverly Joyce Springer, 2 May 1952, d. 9 Feb. 1959.
56. Wanda R. Hayes, b.c. 1927 (Salt Lake City, UT), d. 2009.
57. Cleo Hayes, b.c. 1930 (UT). Living in 2009.
58. Billy Wayne Hayes, b.c. 1932 (UT), d. 2008.
59. Albert Vaughn Hayes, b. 27 Nov. 1933 (Salt Lake City, UT), d. 10 Dec. 2002.
60. Jack Murray Hayes, b.c. 1935 (UT), d. 18 Feb. 2015 (UT).
Hattie Hayes (23) was born 20 March 1895 in Bountiful, Davis Co., UT, and died 22 Jan. 1973 in Midvale, Salt Lake Co., UT. She married Arnold Miller Steed, son of Ira Miller Steed and Bathsheba Miller, on 24 May 1917 in Bountiful, Davis Co., UT. He was born 4 June 1891 in Farmington, Davis Co., UT, and died 6 Nov. 1953 in Ogden, Weber Co., UT. (R‑1)
Children – Steed
+61. Thelma Sarah Steed, b. 14 April 1918, m(1) Earl Alfred Williams, m(2) Lars Leverle Loader, 26 Sept. 1940, d. 13 Dec. 2003.
+62. Arnold Gorin Steed, b. 1 April 1920, m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 10 April 2000.
+63. Vera Steed, b. 5 Aug. 1923, m. Claude Wilber Welch, 10 June 1943, d. 12 June 2008.
CHILDREN OF JOHN R. GREAVES (12) AND HANNAH J. KERSHAW
Martha Alice Greaves (25) was born 20 Nov. 1877 in Hull, Yorkshire, and died 15 Aug. 1952 in Oldham, Lancashire. She married Joseph Seddon Belshaw, son of Joseph Belshaw and Mary G. ‑‑‑‑‑‑, on 6 April 1903 in Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire. He was born about 1883 in Oldham, Lancs., and died in 1920 in Lancs. All their children were born in Oldham, Lancs. (R‑1)
Children – Belshaw
64. Annie Belshaw, b. and d. April 1907
65. Alice Belshaw, b. 3 June 1907, d. 1992.
+66. Norman Belshaw, b. 30 Aug. 1909, m. Elsie Howarth, 1935, d. March 1990.
67. Gladys Belshaw, b.c. 1914.
William Greaves (28) was born 22 Feb. 1884 in Chadderton, Lancashire, and died 6 June 1925 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. He married Rhoda Salmon, daughter of Joseph Salmon and Alice Whitehead, on 26 Dec. 1910 in Chadderton, Lancs. She was born 27 July 1888 in Chadderton, and died 22 March 1962 in Montreal, Canada. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves
+68. Doris Greaves, b. 16 Aug. 1911, m. Cecil Earl Leggett, 2 Sept. 1933, d. 19 March 1973.
John Thomas Greaves (30) was born in March 1889 in Chadderton, Lancashire, and died 13 July 1955 in Oldham, Lancashire. He married Agnes Chadderton, daughter of Willie Chadderton and Martha Durrans, in April 1919 in Oldham, Lancs. She was born 4 March 1891 in Oldham, Lancs., and died 26 Oct. 1974 in Huddersfield, Yorkshire. After John died, Agnes married Thomas H. Grime in 1960 in Oldham, Lancs. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves
71. daughter, b.c. 1925, d. 1925.
72. daughter, b.c. 1925, d. 1925.
73. Douglas Greaves, b. and d.c. 1925 (Montreal, Canada).
74. Gordon Greaves, b. Jan. 1928 (Ormskirk, Lancs.), d. 22 Feb. 1928 (Ormskirk, Lancs.).
May Greaves (31) was born 15 May 1891 in Oldham, Lancashire, and died in May 1940 in Blackpool, Lancaster. She married Charles Exley on 2 Nov. 1913. He was born 11 March 1887 in England, and died in Feb. 1940, possibly in Montreal, Canada. They lived in Montreal. (R‑1)
Children – Exley
76. Irene Exley, b. Dec. 1914, d. 6 June 1992.
77. Edward Exley, b. 26 Sept. 1916, m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 1929-30.
CHILDREN OF HEBER T. GREAVES (13) AND ADA MARRIOTT
George Edward Greaves (34) was born 9 July 1892 in Bountiful, Davis Co., UT, and died in Dec. 1968 in Shelton, Mason Co., WA. He first married Frieda Minna Andra, daughter of Friedrich Theodor Andra and Christiane Wilhelmine Knauke, on 10 June 1914 in Salt Lake City, UT. She was born 6 March 1893 in Meissen, Saxony, Germany, and died 18 Oct. 1978 in Idaho Falls, Bonneville Co., ID. They must have divorced, since she later had 3 more marriages.
He married second Ella Irene Main, daughter of Charles B. Main and Grace May Jennings, on 8 Feb. 1929 in Jerome, Jerome Co., ID. She was born 22 April 1907 in Simpson, Mitchell Co., KS, and died 6 Nov. 1997 in Shelton, Mason Co., WA. All his children by his first wife were born in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake Co., UT, and all those by his second wife in ID. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves, by Frieda M. Andra
+79. George Andra Greaves, b. 15 March 1915, m. Virginia R. Hanselman, 11 March 1946, d. 13 June 1977.
+80. Walter Taylor Greaves, b. 4 Dec. 1916, m(1) Betty Louise Fisher, 23 Sept. 1941, m(2) Artie Elila Borrowman, 12 Oct. 1990 (Blackfoot, Bingham Co., ID), d. 21 March 2011.
81. Elizabeth Frieda Greaves, b. 6 Dec. 1918, m. Woodrow Wilson Stroschein, 24 Nov. 1938 (Elko Co., NV), d. 15 March 2001 (Saint George, Washington Co., UT). He was b. 2 Aug. 1916 in Sterling, Bingham Co., ID, and d. 5 May 1977 in Riverside, Riverside Co., CA, son of Frederick William Stroschein and Bertha Henrietta Wilhelmina Gauger. 2 sons and 1 daughter.
82. Marion Minna Greaves, b. 10 Aug. 1920, m. Judson Yancey, 3 Aug. 1938 (Blackfoot, Bingham Co., ID), d. 11 June 1996 (Blackfoot, Bingham Co., ID). He was b. 6 Oct. 1915 and d. 30 Aug. 1986, both in Blackfoot, ID, son of Emron Yancey and Eliza Dorothy Dean. 2 daughters and 1 son.
Children – Greaves, by Ella I Main
84. Gay Lee Greaves, b. 29 Dec. 1929 (Filer, Twin Falls Co., ID), m. David Richard Bruce, 15 Jan. 1950 (Thurston Co., WA), d. 5 Jan. 2001 (Shelton, Mason Co., WA). He was b. 16 June 1921 in Seattle, King Co., WA, and d. 17 Aug. 1995 in Shelton, WA. 1 son and 3 daughters.
85. Rosalie (“Rosie”) Greaves, b. 9 March 1931 (Twin Falls Co., ID), m(1) ‑‑‑‑‑‑, m(2) ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 30 March 1998 (Eugene, WA). 2 sons and 2 daughters by second marriage.
+86. Nada Grace Greaves, b. 9 Feb. 1933, m. Robert Dean Shafer, d. 17 April 2007.
87. Janet Greaves, b.c. 1934-35 (Twin Falls Co., ID), d.c. 1934-35.
88. Jane Marriott Greaves, b. 5 April 1936 (Gooding, Gooding Co., ID), m. Larry Eugene Updike, d. 8 July 1962 (Shelton, Mason Co., WA). He was b. 13 July 1936, and d. 23 Jan. 2015, son of Wayne Monroe Updike. 3 sons.
89. Lucy Belle Greaves, b. 13 March 1939 (Twin Falls Co., ID), m(1) Richard Dale Schrader, 31 Dec. 1980 (Coeur d’Alene, ID), m(2) William Ferrier, m(3) Robert Thompson, m(4) ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 17 July 2004 (Bremerton, Kitsap Co., WA). Richard was b. 31 Oct. 1937, and d. 6 March 1993 in Golden Shore, AZ. William d. 1955 in WA. Robert was b. 21 Nov. 1929 and d. 4 Feb. 2005, both in South Bend, WA. 1 son and 1 dau. by William Ferrier. 1 dau. by Robert Thompson.
Wilford Thomas Greaves (35) was born 18 July 1894 in Sandy, Salt Lake Co., UT, and died 23 May 1957 in San Francisco, CA. He married Elsa Sarah Mangum, daughter of Richard Allen Mangum and Fannie Belle Price, on 20 Oct. 1920 in Salt Lake City, UT. She was born 3 Dec. 1898 in Nephi, Juab Co., UT, and died 30 Dec. 1953 in San Francisco, San Mateo Co., CA. All their children were born and died in Salt Lake City, UT. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves
90. Wilford Mangum Graves, b. 26 April 1921, d. 28 April 1921.
91. infant, b. and d. 1922.
92. Richard Taylor Greaves, b. 29 Nov. 1930, d. 1 Dec. 1930.
Robert Vernon Greaves (37) was born 10 April 1899 in Bluff, San Juan Co., UT, and died 25 Aug. 1964 in Provo, Utah Co., UT. He married Della Karren Andreason, daughter of Hyrum Rex Andreason and Harriet Ann Jackson, on 10 Nov. 1920 in Lehi, Utah Co., UT. She was born 15 Aug. 1902 in Lehi, Utah Co., UT, and died in Nov. 1985 in Orem, Utah Co., UT. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves
+93. Verna Bernice Greaves, b. 4 Dec. 1921, m. Edward Roy Buys, 22 July 1940, d. 26 May 1996.
+94. Robert Arland Greaves, b. 20 July 1923, m. Donna Marie Kernes, d. 6 Aug. 1986.
95. Gaylen Lamar Greaves, b. 17 Dec. 1926 (Lake View, Utah Co., UT), d. 10 Dec. 1950 (Utah Co., UT).
+96. Barbara Jean Greaves, b.c. 1929, m. Dewayne William Hendrickson, d. 28 Oct. 2007.
+97. Delbert Lee Greaves, b. 5 March 1932, m. Elna Irene Lovell, d. 19 July 2009.
98. LaVon Hattie Greaves, b. 10 April 1934 (Provo, Utah Co., UT), m. Merrall Ray Skinner, d. 12 Oct. 1997 (Magna, Salt Lake Co., UT). He was b. 8 Dec. 1931 in Provo, UT, and d. 7 March 1991 in Price, Carbon Co., UT.
Jane Manderville Greaves (39) was born 18 Nov. 1913 in Salt Lake City, UT, and died 28 Oct. 1989 in Cincinnati, Hamilton Co., OH. She first married Perry Lee Brauner, son of John Thomas Brauner and Bertha May Sharp, on 23 Nov. 1931 in San Francisco, CA. He was born 27 Jan. 1913 in San Francisco, Ca, and died 15 Aug. 1985 in Pacifica, San Mateo Co., CA. She married second Clarence Hansen. He was born in 1891 in UT, and died 10 Feb. 1962 in San Francisco, CA. She married third Raymond Eugene Cole, son of Guy Cole and Alice G. Mangum, on 12 June 1959 in Sparks, Washoe Co., NV. He was born 11 March 1925 in Salt Lake City, UT, and died 9 Feb. 1976 in Santa Clara, CA. (R‑1)
Children - Brauner
100. Ada May (“Lynn”) Brauner, b. 26 May 1932 (San Francisco, CA), m. Alan Ernest Harling, 3 Feb. 1963 (San Diego, CA), d. 29 June 2012(Gonzales, Ascension Parish, LA). He was b. 29 Jan. 1934 in Detroit, Wayne Co., MI, and d. 3 June 2012 in Virginia Beach, Princess Anne Co., VA.
101. Lorraine Elsa Brauner, b. 10 April 1934 (San Francisco, CA), m(1) Phillip C. Furrey, 19 Dec. 1953 (San Francisco, CA), m(2) Robert William Palmer, d. 11 Sept. 2003 (Scottsdale, Maricopa Co., AZ). Phillip was b. 26 Oct. 1930 and d. 13 May 2005, both in Multnomah Co., OR. Robert was b. 17 Sept. 1931 in Dunkirk, Chautauqua Co., NY, and d. 19 March 1993 in Ossining, Westchester Co., NY.
Children - Hansen
104. Eleanor Louise Hansen, b. 30 Nov. 1940 (San Francisco, CA), d. 28 Oct. 2000 (Scottsdale, Maricopa Co., AZ).
CHILDREN OF ANNIE ACKROYD (10) AND ARCHIBALD L. PARKIN
Archie Lee Parkin (40) was born 12 June 1909 in Pocatello, Bannock Co., ID, and died 2 Dec. 1977 in Davis Co., UT. He married Clara Emma Florence on 12 June 1930 in Salt Lake City, UT. She was born 23 March 1912 in Porterville, Morgan Co., UT, and died 2 April 1976 in Bountiful, Davis Co., UT. (R‑1)
Children – Parkin
105. Gary Lynn Parkin, b. 15 March 1938 (UT), d. 30 June 2002.
106. Larry Dell Parkin, b. 6 April 1939 (UT), m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 19 Sept. 1980.
Johnetta LaVon Parkin (41) was born 19 Jan. 1912 in Woods Cross, Davis Co., UT, and died 13 Sept. 1978 in Murray, Salt Lake Co., UT. She married Wallace Burnell Jones, son of Warren R. Jones and Jennie Ellis Provost, on 14 June 1930 in Farmington, Davis Co., UT. He was born 7 Aug. 1911 in Madway, Wasatch Co., UT, and died 2 Jan. 1968 in Salt Lake City, UT. (R‑1)
Children – Jones
108. Monty Burnell Jones, b. 8 June 1931 (Salt Lake City, UT), m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 8 Dec. 1982 (Murray, Salt Lake Co., UT).
Sarah Leona (“Sadie”) Parkin (42) was born 11 Feb. 1914 in Woods Cross, Davis Co., UT, and died 17 Jan. 1951 in Salt Lake City, UT. She married Grant Huber Worthen, son of Manly Horatio Worthen and Clara Alberta Huber, on 14 April 1935 in Salt Lake City, UT. He was born 23 Feb. 1909 and died 25 Jan. 1951, both in Salt Lake City, UT. They were in the 1940 census for Salt Lake City, UT. He first married Lila Christensen on 3 Jan. 1931 in Davis Co., UT. Sadie may have had another marriage also. (R‑1)
Children – Worthen
109. Sally Worthen, b.c. 1934 (UT).
Keith Parkin (43) was born 22 May 1916 in Woods Cross, Davis Co., UT, and died 23 Oct. 1953 in the mountains near Bountiful, Davis Co., UT. He married Doris Dolar, daughter of John Edward Dolar and Birdie Maude Lawson, on 1 Sept. 1936 in Summit Co., UT. She was born 25 May 1919 in Salt Lake City, UT, and died 28 Dec. 2003 in Bountiful, UT. After Keith died, she married second Charles Jensen on 3 March 1958. She married third Frank Douglas Perry on 18 June 1966.
The following obituary for her was published in the Deseret News on Monday, Dec. 29, 2003.
“Doris Dolar Parkin Jensen Perry, surrounded by her loving family, peacefully passed away Sunday, December 28, 2003.
She was the daughter of John Edward Dolar and Birdie Maude Lawson, born May 25, 1919 in Salt Lake City, Utah. A lifelong resident of her beloved Bountiful, Utah. Married Keith Parkin September 1, 1936 in Coalville, Utah; later solemnized in the Salt Lake Temple. Keith died in 1953, leaving 34 year old Doris to raise five children. Married Charles Jensen; later divorced. Married Frank Douglas Perry. Retired from Lynn Wilson Foods in 1984.
She was an example of hard work, thriftiness, and generosity to her five children, Donna Rae Thurgood (Leon) of Bountiful, Edward Lynn (Gretchen) of West Bountiful, Doris Valine Eggett (Rodell) of St. George, Kaylene Hupp (Clifford), Keith Scott (Jean); 11 grandchildren; and 25 great-grand-children. She was always more concerned about others than herself and never failed to thank everyone that helped her in any way. She was a lifelong faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She was preceded in death by husbands, Keith Parkin and Frank Perry; daughter, Kaylene; son-in-law, Clifford; one grandchild; three great-grandchildren; her parents; one brother; and two sisters.
Mama, your suffering is over. You have shown us all what is meant by enduring to the end with your grace, humor, and unconditional love. What a reunion you are having with Daddy, Frank, Kaylene, Clifford, Nanny, Grandpa, and your brother and sisters. Rest in peace. We Love You.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday, December 31, 2003 at 1 p.m. at the Bountiful 26th Ward, 200 North 200 West, Bountiful, Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. at the ward. Interment will be at Bountiful Cemetery. Online guest book and directional maps are available at www.russonmortuary.com.” (R‑1)
Children – Parkin
110. Edward Lynn Parkin, b.c. 1939 (UT), m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. Jan. 2012 (West Bountiful, Davis Co., UT).
111. Kaylene Parkin, b. 4 Dec. 1942, m. Clifford Paul Hupp, d. 5 Nov. 1976 (Denver, CO). He was b. 29 March 1939 in UT, and d. 7 Aug. 1985, son of Paul Howard Hupp and Tekla Holmquist.
Irene Parkin (45) was born 4 April 1921 in Bountiful, Davis Co., UT, and died 30 Nov. 2004 in Salt Lake City, UT. She married Merlin June Burr, son of George Myron Burr and Minerva Jane Lewis. He was born 19 June 1919 in Monroe, Sevier Co., UT, and died 18 Sept. 1996 in Salt Lake City, UT. (R‑1)
Children – Burr
116. Allen Dee Burr, b. 4 April 1944 (Salt Lake City, UT), d. 3 Dec. 2004 (West Jordan, Salt Lake Co., UT).
Martin J. Parkin (49) was born 12 Sept. 1929 in Bountiful, Davis Co., UT, and died 6 June 1988 in UT. He married Ruth S. ‑‑‑‑‑‑. She was born 8 Nov. 1935 and died 26 March 2008. (R‑1)
Children – Parkin
117. Kent J. Parkin, b. 28 Aug. 1955 (Salt Lake City, UT), d. 24 Jan. 1996 (Kaysville, Davis Co., UT).
CHILDREN OF ROY E. HAYES (22) AND ETHEL CLARK
Eddie Roy Hayes (50) was born 1 June 1917 in Grantsville, Tooele Co., UT, and died 14 April 2012 in Salt Lake City, UT. He married Betty Jane Tonnesen. She was born 22 May 1921 and died 18 Sept. 2012, both in Salt Lake City, UT. (R‑1)
Children – Hayes
118. Russell C. Hayes, b. 29 March 1950 (Salt Lake City, UT), d. 3 Nov. 2006 (Salt Lake City, UT).
Wallace Sterling Hayes (55) was born 9 Oct. 1926 in Sacramento, Sacramento Co., CA, and died 9 Feb. 1959 in Salt Lake City, UT. He married Beverly Joyce Springer, daughter of Neil William Springer and Elva Winn, on 2 May 1952 in Salt Lake City. She was born 30 April 1929 and died 9 Feb. 1959, both in Salt Lake City, UT. (R‑1)
Children – Hayes
121. Robin Yvone Hayes, b. 2 Aug. 1956 (Salt Lake City, UT), d. 9 Feb. 1959 (Salt Lake City, UT).
CHILDREN OF HATTIE HAYES (23) AND ARNOLD M. STEED
Thelma Sarah Steed (61) was born 14 April 1918 in Farmington, Davis Co., UT, and died 13 Dec. 2003. She first married Earl Alfred Williams. She married second Lars Leverle Loader, son of John Harry Loader and Hilda Matilda Bagley, on 26 Sept. 1940 in Tooele, Tooele Co., UT. He was born 18 Nov. 1910 in Charleston, Wasatch Co., UT, and died 4 Jan. 2000.
The following obituary for her was published in the Deseret News on Thursday, Dec. 18, 2003.
“Eternal love equals eternal family. Our sweet Mother and Grandmother, was called home to be with her eternal companion on Sat., Dec. 13, 2003.
Thelma Sarah Steed Loader, 85, was born April 14, 1918 in Farmington, Utah. Her parents Arnold Miller and Hattie Hayes Steed taught her the value of hard work, generosity and service. She attended school in Farmington, later graduating from Davis High School. She has lived in Union, Spring Lake, and Provo, Utah.
Thelma married Lars LaVerl Loader, September 26, 1940. Their marriage was later solemnized in the Salt Lake Temple. They were blessed with five daughters and one son.
Thelma's fervent testimony of the gospel led to a rich full life of devoted service in Primary, Mutual, and Relief Society. She and her husband Lars also served a fourteen year mission in the Provo Temple.
The great loves in Thelma's life were family and gardening.
She is survived by a sister, Vera (Claude) Welch, Rigby, ID; children: Susan (John) Diamond, American Fork; Geneil (Blaine) Harris, Provo; Carol (Bill) Burn, Corpus Christi, TX, formerly of Sandy; Ann (Weber) Walker, Alpine; Joe Loader, Reno, NV; 33 grandchildren, 65 great-grandchildren, and four great-great-grandchildren as her legacy.
Thelma was preceded in death by her husband Lars of 59 years, brother Arnold Gorin Steed, daughter Mary Lou Powell, two granddaughters, one great grandson and a great granddaughter.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, December 20, 2003 at 11:00 a.m. in the Bonneville Fourth Ward Chapel, 1289 East 300 South, Provo. Friends may call Friday evening from 6-8 p.m. at the church and on Saturday one hour prior to services. Interment will be in the Alpine City Cemetery. Funeral directors - Olpin Family Mortuary, Pleasant Grove.” (R‑1)
Children – Williams (changed to Loader)
122. Mary Lou Williams, b.c. 1937, m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑ Powell, d. 1998. 1 daughter.
Children - Loader
Arnold Gorin Steed (62) was born 1 April 1920 in Farmington, Davis Co., UT, and died 10 April 2000 in Kaysville, Davis Co., UT. He married Mary Ann ‑‑‑‑‑‑.
The following obituary was published in the Deseret News on Wednesday, April 12, 2000.
“Our beloved husband, brother, father, grandfather, and great grandfather, Arnold Gorin Steed, returned to his Heavenly Father on Monday, April 10, 2000 after a battle with congestive heart failure.
Gorin was a wonderful man who dedicated his entire life to home and family.He was born April 1, 1920 in Farmington, Utah to Arnold Miller and Hattie Hayes Steed, and spent his growing years there.
He married his high school sweetheart, Mary Ann Adams of Layton, Utah, on February 11, 1939 in Sunset, Utah.
The marriage was later solemnized in the Salt Lake LDS Temple on September 6, 1939.
During 1999 they celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary at the Joseph Smith Building at Salt Lake City, where most of their children were present along with their partners. They have a lovely family of five children, 24 grandchildren and 26 great-grandchildren.
Gorin enjoyed athletics of all types, but due to an early back injury was not able to participate as he would have liked. His greatest joys in life came from watching his children and grandchildren participate in their activities.
He put his early energies into music, playing trumpet in the Davis High School Orchestra and Band, and earned extra pocket money playing in a dance band during high school. He was often asked to play taps at Memorial Day ceremonies.
He served in World War II as a radioman assigned to a destroyer, the USS Lindsay, that patrolled the Pacific Ocean. He participated in the battles of Iwo Jima and Okinawa. Their ship was hit by two Kamakazi planes on April 12, 1944 and miraculously stayed afloat saving 1/3 of the crew.
Gorin was an executive and cost accountant. He worked for various government facilities in Utah and New Mexico before taking a position at Thiokol, and retired from the Internal Revenue Service in Ogden, Utah in 1983.
Service was always a great part of his life.
He was a life long member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and served as the first Bishop of Brigham City 14th Ward and later as a counselor in the North Box Elder Stake Presidency. He served a mission at the Genealogical Library in Salt lake City, Utah.
He was a member of the Brigham City Rotary Club and the Centerville Chapter of the Sons of the Utah Pioneers. He had a great interest and love of scouting, culminating in service as Chairman of the Bird haven District of the Boy Scouts of America. He was awarded the Silver Beaver Award for service and scouting.
The family resided many years in Farmington, Utah, moving to Las Cruces, New Mexico in 1954. They returned to Utah, living in Brigham City for 26 years before moving to Fruit Heights, Utah, where they have lived until the present.
He is survived by his wife, Mary Ann; two sisters, Thelma Loader of Provo, and Vera Welch of Salt Lake City; five children, Sherry (LeGrande) Young of Greenwich, CT; Norma Joy Steed of Layton; Kathleen Coletti of Provo; Robert Gorin (Peggy) Steed of Farmington; and Val David (Shauna) Steed of Centerville; 23 grandchildren: Jon Steven Young, Michael Scott Young, Melissa Massey, Thomas Leonard Young, James Brian Young, Jewelia Ann Wall, Angela Marie Jepperson, Annetta Jo Wheadon, Joy Concetta Smith, Micah Joseph
Coletti, Nicole Marie Hannig, Amos Gabriel Coletti, Ryan Robert Steed, Jeffery David Steed, Michael Delonne Steed, Mathew Gorin Steed, Lara Margaret Steed, David Victor Steed, Krista Marie Steed, Travis
Wayne Steed, Wade David Steed, Tara Dawn Steed and Kelsey Ann Steed; and 26 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one grandson, Jeffery Van Jepperson.
Friends may call at Lindquist's Kaysville Mortuary, 400 North Main, on April 14, 2000 from 6-8 p.m. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 15, 2000 at Creekview LDS Chapel, 900 South Main Street in Kaysville. The family will be there from 9:30-10:30 a.m. for anyone wanting to visit prior to the service.
Interment will be at Farmington City Cemetery, where Military Honors will be accorded.” (R‑1)
Children – Steed
127. Norma Joy Steed, b. 17 Nov. 1941 (Layton, Davis Co., UT), m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 17 June 2013 (Layton, Davis Co., UT).
131. Val David Steed, d. 10 April 2000.
Vera Steed (63) was born 5 Aug. 1923 in Farmington, Davis Co., UT, and died 12 June 2008 in Rigby, Jefferson Co., ID. She married Claude Wilber Welch on 10 June 1943 in San Diego, San Diego Co., CA. He was born 4 April 1924 in Salt Lake City, UT, and died 4 Nov. 2010 in Rigby, ID. (R‑1)
Children – Welch
132. Claudia Welch, b. 9 Sept. 1945 (Salt Lake City, UT), m. Norman Windor Rich, 29 July 1966 (Salt Lake City, UT), d. 7 Dec. 2010 (Redmond, WA). He was born 17 Feb. 1943 in Salt Lake City, UT, and d. 5 April 2010 in Kirkland, WA. 2 daughters and 1 son.
CHILDREN OF MARTHA A. GREAVES (25) AND JOSEPH S. BELSHAW
Norman Belshaw (66) was born 30 Aug. 1909 in Oldham, Lancashire, England, and died in March 1990 in Manchester, Lancashire. He married Elsie Howarth, daughter of Thomas Charles Jude Howarth and Winnie Hargreaves, in 1935 in Oldham, Lancs. She was born about 1911 in Barrowford, Lancashire, and died 1962-63. (R‑1)
Children – Belshaw
134. Joseph Belshaw, b. 20 Jan. 1938 (Lancashire), m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 15 Aug. 1955 (Oldham, Lancs.).
CHILDREN OF WILLIAM GREAVES (28) AND RHODA SALMON
Doris Greaves (68) was born 16 Aug. 1911 in Chadderton, Lancashire, and died 19 March 1973 in Pointe-Claire, Quebec, Canada. She married Cecil Earl Leggett on 2 Sept. 1933 in Montreal, Quebec. He was born 17 July 1913 and died 14 July 1993. (R‑1)
Children – Leggett
136. Martin Leggett, b. 30 Jan. 1939, m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 23 May 1995. 1 daughter.
CHILDREN OF GEORGE EDWARD GREAVES (34)
George Andra Greaves (79) was born 15 March 1915 in Salt Lake City, UT, and died 13 June 1977 in Blackfoot, Bingham Co., ID. He married Virginia R. Hanselman. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves
+138. Susan Rae Greaves, b. 1 June 1948, m(1) Gailen Gifford, m(2) Ismael Bencomo, April 1974, d. 8 Sept. 2011.
139. Mike Greaves, m. Susan ‑‑‑‑‑‑.
Walter Taylor Greaves (80) was born 4 Dec. 1916 in Salt Lake City, UT, and died 21 March 2011 in Pocatello, Bannock Co., ID. He first married Betty Louise Fisher, daughter of Joseph Elgin Fisher and Alice Jolly, on 23 Sept. 1941 in Blackfoot, Bingham Co., ID. Betty was born 29 Oct. 1925 in Blackfoot, Bingham Co., ID, and died 6 July 1989 in Idaho Falls, Bonneville Co., ID. Walter married second Artie Elila Borrowman, daughter of David William Borrowman and Mildred Jane Webster, on 12 Oct. 1990 in Blackfoot, Bingham Co., ID. Artie was born 19 June 1919 in Thomas, Bingham Co., ID, and died 18 July 1994 in Blackfoot, Bingham Co., ID. The different surname for Artie in the obituary was probably because of a first marriage for her.
The following obituary was published in the Idaho State Journal on March 24, 2011, and can be found online at www.legacy.com.
“Walter Taylor Greaves, 94, of Blackfoot, Idaho, passed away Monday, March 21, 2011, at the Idaho State Veteran's Home in Pocatello, Idaho.
Walter was born December 4, 1916, in Salt Lake City, Utah, to George Edward Greaves and Minna Frieda Andra. He spent part of his youth in the Salt Lake area. He moved to Pingree, Idaho, about the age of 8 with his family. His family worked for a while on a farm there. From there, they moved to Rose, Idaho. He went to school in Wapello, finishing the fifth grade.
He and his brother went to stay with other families to work and earn money for their mother and sisters. He was a hard worker.
As he grew older, he worked with the Civilian Conservation Corps. He learned a lot of working skills there. He served in the infantry from Jan. 14, 1937, to July 3 1939. On August 18, 1941, he entered the military again. He served in Texas, California and twice in Hawaii, which he enjoyed and talked about fondly. He was honorably discharged November 30, 1944 in Spokane, Washington.
While in the service he was a marksman with the M-1 rifle and his specialty was in the cannon pool. He earned the American Defense Service Medal, Good Conduct Medal, and the Asiatic-Pacific Theater Campaign Medal. He always wanted to go back to Hawaii to see the friends he made there, but he was never able to go back. He was a lifetime member of the American Legion, VFW, DAV.
After he was discharged, he came back to Blackfoot, where he met Betty Louise Fisher. They married September 23, 1945, in Blackfoot, Idaho. They were sealed in the Idaho Falls LDS Temple on July 13, 1967.
He worked for a while in Sterling, Idaho, tending sheep and farming. They moved back to Blackfoot, where they built a home on Riverton Road. They had four children, Mary Jane, Linda Lee, Scott Walter and Ronald Joe.
He worked for the government on the desert for the Atomic Energy Commission as a carpenter at the central facility for 32 years. He also worked at the east gate at the fair for 48 years. They gave him a lifetime pass when he couldn't work anymore. He loved the fair and didn't miss a year going there. Even when he was in the veteran's home in Pocatello he went with the group to see the fair.
After Betty passed away, he married Artie Pendlebury. They were happy together traveling and visiting Artie's family in Washington and Florida. They were good years.
He was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, serving as Scout Master and Cub Master. He and Betty loved the Scouting program and were longtime Scouters.
He is survived by his children, Mary Jane (Robert) Sims of Firth, Idaho, Linda Lee Christiansen and Scott Walter (Diane) Greaves of Blackfoot, Idaho, and Ronald Joe (Kathryn) Greaves of Coralville, Iowa; sister, Ada (Fred) Shortman of Euphrata, Washington; 15 grandchildren; 33 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren. He is preceded in death by his wife, Betty, wife, Artie, parents, brother, George Andra Greaves, sisters, Elizabeth (Betty) Stroschein, Marian Yancey, Hazel Lemitz, Gayla Bruce, Rosalie Brown, Nada Shaffer, Jane Updike, Janet Greaves, and Lucy Scharader.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. on Monday, March 28, 2011, at Grove City Cemetery. Services are under the direction of Hawker Funeral Home in Blackfoot.” (R‑1)
Children – Greaves
140. Mary Jane Greaves, m. Robert Sims.
141. Linda Lee Greaves, m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑ Christiansen.
142. Scott Walter Greaves, m. Diane ‑‑‑‑‑‑.
143. Ronald Joe Greaves, m. Kathryn ‑‑‑‑‑‑.
Nada Grace Greaves (86) was born 9 Feb. 1933 in Filer, Twin Falls Co., ID, and died 17 April 2007 in Yelm, Thurston Co., WA. She married Robert Dean Shafer, son of Edgar Otto Shafer and Verna Taylor McHann. He was born 30 Dec. 1926 in Hayden, Routt Co., CO, and died 11 June 2002 in Salem, Marion Co., OR. (R‑1)
Children – Shafer
144. Roger Dale Shafer, b. 8 Jan. 1951 (Spokane, Spokane Co., WA), d. 8 Nov. 2010 (Topock, Mohave Co., AZ).
CHILDREN OF ROBERT V. GREAVES (37) AND DELLA K. ANDREASON
Verna Bernice Greaves (93) was born 4 Dec. 1921 in Salt Lake City, UT, and died 26 May 1996 in Henderson, Clark Co., NV. She married Edward Roy Buys on 22 July 1940 in UT. He was born 22 Jan. 1920 in Eureka, Juab Co., UT, and died 25 Sept. 1988 in Norwalk, Los Angeles Co., CA. (R‑1)
Children – Buys
148. Dawn Buys, b. and d. 5 Aug. 1941 (Provo, Utah Co., UT).
149. Robert Roy Buys, b. 21 Jan. 1943 (Petaluma, Sonoma Co., CA, d. Feb. 1995 (Eureka, Juab Co., UT).
150. David Joe Buys, b. 12 May 1950 (Provo, Utah Co., UT), d. 10 Nov. 1993 (Los Angeles, CA).
Robert Arland Greaves (94) was born 20 July 1923 in Sandy, Salt Lake Co., UT, and died 6 Aug. 1986 in Pleasant Grove, UT. He married Donna Marie Kernes. She was born 26 Aug. 1926 and died 25 April 2001, both in Provo, Utah Co., UT. They were both buried in Orem Cem., Orem, UT. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves
151. Paula Jean Greaves, b. 22 April 1949 (Orem, Utah Co., UT), d. 17 Nov. 2002 (Pleasant Grove, Utah Co., UT).
Barbara Jean Greaves (96) was born about 1929 in UT, and died 28 Oct. 2007 in Provo, Utah Co., UT. She married Dewayne William Hendrickson. He was born 21 Feb. 1922 in Wallsburg, Wasatch Co., UT, and died 13 March 1993 in Provo, UT. (R‑1)
Children – Hendrickson
158. Kelly Rollo Hendrickson, b. 21 Nov. 1949 (Provo, Utah Co., UT), m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 23 Dec. 2007 (Centerfield, Sampete Co., UT).
Delbert Lee Greaves (97) was born 5 March 1932 and died 19 July 2009, both in Provo, Utah Co., UT. He married Elna Irene Lovell. She was born 3 May 1935 in Highland, UT, and died 14 Sept. 1998. (R‑1)
Children – Greaves
160. Lois Becky Greaves, b. b. 9 July 1960 (Salt Lake City, UT), m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 4 Jan. 2011 (Orem, Utah Co., UT).
CHILDREN OF GEORGE A. GREAVES (79) AND VIRGINIA R. HANSELMAN
Susan Rae Greaves (138) was born 1 June 1948 and died 8 Sept. 2011. She first married Gailen Gifford. She married second Ismael Bencomo in April 1974.
The following obituary was published in the Morning News of Blackfoot, Idaho.
“Susan Rae Bencomo, 63, of Blackfoot passed away Thursday, Sept. 8, 2011, at her home. Susan was born June 1, 1948, in Blackfoot to George A. Greaves and Virginia R. Hanselman. She lived her entire life in Blackfoot, graduating from Blackfoot High School. She married Gailen Gifford; they were later divorced. In April of 1974 she married Ismael Bencomo in Blackfoot; they were later sealed in the Idaho Falls LDS Temple. Susan and Ismael owned and operated the Copacubana Dance Hall in Blackfoot. She also had her own cleaning business, worked as a substitute teacher and worked with Atlas Van Lines. In her free time she enjoyed bowling and tap dancing in her early years. She was an animal lover and a wonderful cook. Susan loved playing the organ and played during the fair for Keith Jorgensen’s Music. Her greatest joy was spending time with her family and grandchildren. Susan was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, where she served in the Relief Society presidency and as a Primary teacher. Susan is survived by her husband, Ismael, of Blackfoot; daughters, Paula Christensen-Fowler and Angeleena (Jody) Pitchford, both of Blackfoot; mother, Virginia Greaves of Blackfoot; stepchildren, Isabel Verdogo of Mexico, Jorge (Patricia) Bencomo of Blackfoot, Clemencia Bencomo of Mexico and Rafael (Silvia) Bencomo of Mexico; brother, Mike (Susan) Greaves of Utah; grandchildren, Skyler (Rebecca) Christensen, Chanler Christensen, Alazha Bencomo and Chacee Harmon , all of Blackfoot; nine step-grandchildren; one niece; three nephews and her two dogs and cat that were treated as family, Dudley, FooFoo and Molly. She was preceded in death by her father George Greaves and her loving dog, Coco. A graveside funeral service will be held at 4 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2011, at Grove City Cemetery, under the direction of Hawker Funeral Home.”
Children – Gifford
161. Paula Gifford, m(1) ‑‑‑‑‑‑ Christensen, m(2) ‑‑‑‑‑‑ Fowler.
Children – Bencomo
162. Angeleena Bencomo, m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑ Pitchford.
Return to Alphabetical Ancestor Listing
Return to Main Page