Rev. 12 July 2000, Gen. 632
DESCENDANTS OF THOMAS GREAVES AND MARY ------
OF CHATHAM, KENT, ENGLAND
Thomas Greaves (1) was a carpenter. He may have had a carpentry business in Lower Queen Street, Rotherhithe, Surrey, England. He was listed in the London P.O. Directory for 1845 and 1847. He married Mary ------. They lived in Chatham, Kent, England. (R-1)
Children - Greaves
+2. Margaret Greaves, bapt. 28 Nov. 1819, m. Francis Sharp, 21 June 1845.
CHILDREN OF THOMAS GREAVES (1) AND MARY ------
Margaret Greaves (2) was born in Chatham, Kent, and was baptized 28 Nov. 1819 in St. Mary's, Chatham, Kent. She married Francis Sharp on 21 June 1845 in St. Mary's, Woolwich, Kent. A witness to this marriage was Frances Greaves. Francis sharp was born 20 June 1820 at Lavender Place, Stepney, Middlesex, and was baptized 23 July 1820 in St. Mary's, Rotherhithe, Surrey. Francis was a ropemaker in Chatham dockyard, but like all dockyard workers he was probably laid off from time to time and had to do something else also. (R-1)
Children - Sharp
3. Joseph Francis Sharp, b. 7 April 1846 (Lower Queen St., Rotherhithe, Surrey), m. Sarah Grant Francks.
4. Margaret Jane Mary Sharp, b.c. 1847 (Chatham, Kent).
5. Grace Ledget Sharp, b. 1 Feb. 1849 (Ordnance Place, Chatham, Kent).
6. Elizabeth Anne Sharp, b.c. 1851 (Chatham, Kent).
7. Richard Sharp, b.c. 1853 (Chatham, Kent).
8. Samuel J. Sharp, b.c. 1857 (St. George's, Southwark, Surrey).
Return to Alphabetical Ancestor Listing
Return to Main Page