Rev. 8 Nov. 2010, Gen. 681
DESCENDANTS OF HENRY GRAVES AND ANN LEHRNER OF CANADA & IL
Henry Graves (1) was born about 1832 in French Canada. He married Ann Lehrner. She was born about 1840 in French Canada. (R‑2)
Children - Graves
+2. Albert Arthur Graves, b. 16 Oct. 1855, m. Charlotte Janette Shorman, c. 1875, d. 31 March 1916.
3. Herman W. Graves, b. 9 Feb. 1864.
CHILDREN OF HENRY GRAVES (1) AND ANN LEHRNER
Albert Arthur (or H.) Graves (2) was born 16 Oct. 1855 (although the 1900 census shows 1860) in IL, and died 31 March 1916, probably in Brermerton, WA. He married Charlotte (or Janette) Shorman or Sherman about 1875. She was born in 1862 in IL (according to the 1900 census, although family tradition says Osage Co., OK), and died 8 March 1901 (place unknown). Much of this information is from the death certificate of their son Clinton.
They were in the 1900 census for Waukegan, Lake Co., IL, page 14A, with Albert, 40, Charlotte, 38, and 7 children, all born in IL. He was a fireman. Both his parents and her parents were listed as born in French Canada. The family has not yet been found in the 1880 census.
It has been said that the father of Albert Graves was a Henry Graves who was born in Germany and was a blacksmith. There was a Heinrich Graves, blacksmith, with wife Minnie, he from Hamburg, Germany, and she from Prussia, in the 1880 census for Newport, Lake Co., IL. But no Albert Graves has been found anywhere in 1880 who might have been a son of this Heinrich. (R‑1)
Children - Graves
+4. Edith May Graves, b. 26 July 1876, m. Richard Wright, d. Nov. 1924.
5. Minnie Graves, b. 11 Nov. 1877, m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑ Hicks (or Hanks). 1 daughter.
+6. George Arthur Graves, b. 16 Feb. 1879 (or 1880), m. Edna Mae Madden, 7 March 1907, d. 20 Aug. 1953.
+7. Rose C. Graves, b. 19 June 1882, m. Jesse Ullery, c. 1904, d. 20 Dec. 1946.
8. Annie (or Amy or Ammie) Graves, b. 26 Feb. 1884, m. Guy Detweiler.
9. Mabel Graves, b. 12 Oct. 1887, m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑ Salter.
10. Clinton Raymond Graves, b. 3 Sept. 1891 (or 1893) (IL, or possibly Pawhuska, Osage Co., OK), m(1) Mary J. Crawford, m(2) Ruby ‑‑‑‑‑‑. Clinton and Mary divorced about 1918. A daughter (mother of Diane Elder) may have been their only child. Clinton was apparently the one in the 1910 census, Coal Creek Twp., Pawnee Co., OK, page 81A, age 17, farm laborer.
CHILDREN OF ALBERT A. GRAVES (2) AND CHARLOTTE SHORMAN
Edith May Graves (4) was born 26 July 1876 (or 1877) in IL, and died in Nov. 1924 in Seattle, King Co., WA. She married Richard Wright. (R‑2)
Children - Wright
11. Helen Wright, b. 8 Aug. 1902.
12. Ida Wright, b. 30 July 1904, d. Lynnwood, WA.
George Arthur Graves (6) was born 16 Feb. 1879 (or 1880) in Waukegan, IL, and died 20 Aug. 1953 in Hood Canal, WA. He married Edna Mae Madden, daughter of Eugene Jehial Madden and Marietta Vastbinder, on 7 March 1907 in Astoria, OR. She was born 29 Oct. 1889 in Manistique, MI, and died 9 April 1967 in Bremerton, WA. They were in the 1920 census for Charleston, Kitsap Co., WA, with him listed as a pipefitter at the Navy Yard. (R‑1, R‑2)
Children - Graves
13. Charlotte Mae Graves, b. 2 Nov. 1907 (Seaside Rural, OR), d. 28 Dec. 1999 (Seattle, King Co., WA).
14. Gordon Lyle Graves, b. 1909.
15. Julia Rose Graves, b. 26 July 1911 (Bremerton, WA), d. 2 Oct. 1974 (Hood Canal, WA).
Rose C. Graves (7) was born 19 June 1882 in IL, and died 20 Dec. 1946. She married Jesse Ullery about 1904. He was born about 1880 in IL (according to the 1910 census or about 1884 in IN (according to the 1920 census). They were in the 1910 census for Waukegan, Lake Co., IL. They were in the 1920 census for Charleston, Kitsap Co., WA. He was a clerk. (R‑2)
Children - Ullery
16. Irwin Ullery, b.c. 1906 (IL).
Return to Alphabetical Ancestor Listing
Return to Main Page