Rev. 17 April 2008, Gen. 696
DESCENDANTS OF SARAH GRAVES AND DANIEL FERGUSON
OF CHESTERFIELD CO., VA
Sarah Graves (1) was born about 1734 and died after 15 Sept. 1807, both in Chesterfield Co., VA. She married Daniel Ferguson, son of Moses Ferguson and Martha E. Womack, about 1752 in Chesterfield Co., VA. He was born about 1730 in Henrico Co., VA, and died in 1776 in Chesterfield Co., VA. All their children were born and died in Chesterfield Co., VA. All their marriages were also in Chesterfield Co., VA unless otherwise stated.
The accounts of the estate of Daniel Farguson to Moses Farguson, executor Moses ordered to make up account and lay off to Sarah Farguson her 1/3 of estate. Signed by Thomas Worsham, King Graves. (King Graves may be a brother of Sarah.)
The will of Daniel gives to granddaughter Mary Furguson’s two children, Lewin and Polly Furguson, a negro woman “Edo.” Residue of estate to be divided between daughter Sarah Newby, wife of Lewis Newby, and deceased daughter Mary Baugh’s children. (R‑1, R‑2)
Children - Ferguson
+2. Moses Ferguson, b. before 1750, m(1) Elizabeth Lively, c. 1770, m(2) Elizabeth Baugh, c. 1776, d. 1796.
3. Mary Ferguson, b.c. 1754, m. John Baugh, c. 1773, d. before 15 Sept. 1807. He was b.c. 1750 and d. after 1777.
4. John Ferguson, b.c. 1756, d. 26 Dec. 1783.
5. Daniel Ferguson, b.c. 1758, d. after 1814.
6. Sarah Ferguson, b.c. 1760, m(1) Isham Ferguson, c. 1778, m(2) Levi Newby, 20 Nov. 1779, m(3) James Baugh, 1797, d. after 15 Sept. 1807. Isham was b.c. 1756 in Chesterfield Co., VA, and d. 1834 in Franklin Co., VA, son of John Ferguson and Mary Gill. Levi was b. 1756 and d. after 1841, both in Chesterfield Co., VA, son of William Newby and Mary Amey Ferguson. James was b.c. 1769 and d. after 1797.
7. James Ferguson, b.c. 1762, d. before 7 May 1784.
CHILDREN OF SARAH GRAVES (1) AND DANIEL FERGUSON
Moses Ferguson (2) was born before 1750 died in 1796, both in Chesterfield Co., VA. He first married Elizabeth Lively about 1770. She was born after 1750. He married second Elizabeth Baugh about 1776 in Chesterfield Co., VA. She was born about 1758 and died in 1802. All his children by his first marriage were born in SC. Looking at the dates of birth listed for the following children it is apparent that either some of the children are not correct, that they have the wrong date of birth, or that they are attributed to the wrong mother; corrections will be appreciated. (R‑1, R‑2)
Children – Ferguson, by Elizabeth Lively
+8. James Ferguson, b.c. 1768, m. Elizabeth Curry, d.c. 1863.
9. Moses Ferguson, b. after 1770, m. Frances Graves, 18 Sept. 1804 (Chesterfield Co., VA).
+10. Daniel Montgomery Ferguson, b.c. 1774, m(1) Ester Peak, c. 1791, m(2) Elizabeth Clark, 13 July 1830, d. 1 Oct. 1840.
+11. Isham Ferguson, b. after 1770, m. Catherine Wright, 16 Jan. 1811, d. 14 Dec. 1843.
12. Samuel Ferguson, b. after 1770.
13. John Ferguson, b. after 1770, m. Patsy Harris, 18 Jan. 1806 (Wilson Co., TN).
+14. Aaron Ferguson, b.c. 1785, m(1) Patsy Calihan, 25 Aug. 1809, m(2) Delilah McGintly, 25 Feb. 1836, d. 30 Sept. 1861.
+15. Ely or Eli Ferguson, b.c. 1794, m(1) Mary Applewhite, m(2) Ellen Slocum, 2 Nov. 1845, d.c. Feb. 1850.
Children – Ferguson, by Elizabeth Baugh
16. Newby Ferguson, b.c. 1780, m. Prudence Perdue.
17. Asa (or Asay) Newby Ferguson, b.c, 1788, m. Ruth Turner.
18. Elizabeth Ferguson, b. 1781 or 1800, m. Reuben Cole.
Return to Alphabetical Ancestor Listing
Return to Main Page