Rev. 22 May 2003, Gen. 726
DESCENDANTS OF DAVID W. GRAVES AND ANNA LEACH HERVEY OF CT & MA
David W. Graves (1) was born 15 Nov. 1815 in New London, CT, and died 6 May 1872 in North Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA. He married Anna Leach Hersey, daughter of Galen Hervey and Anna Leach, on 15 Jan. 1837 in West Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA. Their marriage intention was announced 1 Jan. 1837 in Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA. She was born about 1819 in MA. He served in the Civil War as a private, Co. C, 1st Massachusetts Heavy Artillery. His occupation was listed as trader.
He was in the 1840 census for North Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA, page 137, with two females under 5. He was in the 1850 census for North Bridgewater, MA, page 308, with all children born in MA. His occupation was listed as pedlar.
This may be the David Graves, born 19 Nov. 1812 in Colchester, New London Co., CT, who was a son of Charles Graves and Sally White, descended from immigrant John Graves of Concord, MA. The Graves DNA Study does show that this family is related to that of John Graves of Concord. (R‑1)
Children – Graves
+2. Anna Leach Graves, b. 17 Oct. 1838, m. Francis I. Snow.
3. Eunice Maria Graves, b. 19 March 1839 (North Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA), d. 4 July 1841 (Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA, 2 yr, 3 mo, 16 days). Bur. 6 July 1841.
4. Clementine Maria Graves, b. 8 Sept. 1843 (North Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA).
5. Elvira (or Alvira) Graves, b. 15 Oct. 1844 (or 1845) (Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA), m. William F. Willis.
+6. Charles Elbridge Graves, b. 1 April 1849, m. Zoe F. Stilphen, 25 May 1869, d. 21 March 1933.
CHILDREN OF DAVID W. GRAVES (1) AND ANNA L. HERVEY
Anna Leach Graves (2) was born 17 Oct. 1838 in North Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA. She married Francis I. Snow, son of Austin Snow and Louise ‑‑‑‑‑‑. All their children were born in MA. (R‑1)
Children - Snow
7. Anna F. Snow, b.c. 1855.
8. Mary A. Snow, b.c. 1860.
9. Harry I. Snow, b.c. 1869.
Charles Elbridge Graves (6) was born 1 April 1849 in Brockton (or North Bridgewater), MA, died 21 March 1933 at 44 Waverlyt., Malden, Middlesex Co., MA, at age 83, and was buried in Forestdale Cem., Malden, Middlesex Co., MA. He married Zoe F. Stilphen, daughter of Francis Stilphen, Jr. and Elizabeth Foster, about 1870. She was born in 1853 in Maine. They were in the 1880 census for Precinct 4, Ward 15, Boston, Suffolk Co., MA. He was listed as working in a piano factory, both his parents were listed as born in MA, and both hers as born in ME. At other times in his life he was a shoemaker and a soldier. He began military service 8 July 1864 as a private in Co. C, 60th Mass. Infantry, and ended military service 30 Nov. 1864. (R‑1)
Children – Graves
10. Charles Percy Graves, b. Jan. 1871 (Charlestown, MA), d. 30 July 1871 (Charlestown, MA).
11. Archie F. Graves, b.c. 1872 (MA).
+12. Frank Graves, m. ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. 1906.
13. Anna L. Graves, b.c. 18 Jan. 1881 (Boston, Suffolk Co., MA), d. 29 Sept. 1889 (Boston, Suffolk Co., MA).
+14. Cyril Bertram Graves, b. 4 April 1883, m. Clara Alice Kendall, 29 Jan. 1907, d. 17 Jan. 1965.
CHILDREN OF CHARLES E. GRAVES (6) AND ZOE F. STILPHEN
Frank Graves (12) was born after 1880 and died in 1906. He married ‑‑‑‑‑‑. (R‑1)
Children - Graves
15. Edna Graves
Cyril Bertram Graves (14) was born 4 April 1883 in Boston, Suffolk Co., MA, and died 17 Jan. 1965, at age 81, in Cushing Hospital, Framingham, Middlesex Co., MA, and was buried 20 Jan. 1965 in Edgell Grove Cem., Framingham, MA. He married Clara Alice Kendall, daughter of Henry Clay Kendall and Francelia Medora Hoyt, on 29 Jan. 1907 in South Boston, Suffolk Co., MA. They divorced. He was an electrician. (R‑1)
Children - Graves
16. Clinton Kendall Graves, b. 23 Aug. 1907, m. Winifred Martha Elliott, 28 May 1932, d. 1 Nov. 1960 (Baltimore, MD). 1 child.
17. Francis Stilphen Graves, m. Ruth ‑‑‑‑‑‑, d. Oct. 1975.
18. Bunny Graves, died in infancy.
19. son, living in 2003.
Return to Alphabetical Ancestor Listing
Return to Main Page