This page is for businesses owned and services provided by Graves/Greaves/Grieve family members. Anyone is welcome to suggest or submit businesses to be included here. When the ancestry of family members is not identified, please tell us the ancestry if you know. All the links below take you to information at the original site or (when that link has expired) to a separate page. It is likely that some of the links to other websites will expire in the future, but we will try to keep them current.
As we add more businesses here, we may identify those that are owned by members of the Graves Family Association, and may increase content and promotion for some.
- The Graves Family, Gospel Bluegrass Music, Capon Bridge, WV, USA. They usually perform in local WV/VA/PA/MD area. See their website.
- Greaves Jams & Marmalades, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada. More information on their website.
- Ballylickey Manor House, Ballylickey, Bantry Bay, Co. Cork, Ireland. Originally built over 300 years ago as a shooting lodge by Lord Kenmare it was carefully restored by the present owner managers the Graves family in the late 1940's. Visited over the years on many occasions by the poet Robert Graves, an uncle of the present owners. This family is descended from the Graves family of Yorkshire and Mickleton Manor, Gloucestershire, England (genealogy 68). See their website.
- Columbia Gorge Hotel, Hood River, OR, USA, purchased by Boyd Graves in 1982, and run by Boyd and his wife Halla Graves. See a story in The Seattle Times at their website, and the hotel website. See also an article in Hood River News, June 10, 2008, here or on their website.
- Graves Family Resort, 29457 CCC Road, Danbury, WI, USA. Three cabins in beautiful Northern Wisconsin, housing up to ten people each. They share a clear, sandy and swimmable beachfront on Falk Lake, part of the Loon Lake Chain. Rentals are available May 1-December 1. Each cabin contains three bedrooms, a pull-out couch, one full bathroom, and a kitchen. A fishing boat and dock are included with each cabin rental. ATV and snowmobile trailheads are located just a few miles from the resort. For more information, call 952-687-9610, or see their website.
- Graves Hotels & Resorts. Their hotel properties include the Graves 601 Hotel and the Graves Uptown Hotel in Minneapolis, MN, and the Graves Hotel in Chicago, IL (to be ready in 2009). James J. Graves is CEO and Benjamin J. Graves is President. See their website for more information.
- Graves Mountain Lodge, Syria, VA, USA, owned and operated by Jim and Rachel Graves (descended from Capt. Thomas Graves of VA, genealogy 169). See their website.
- Lake District Hotels, Cumbria, England. The company apparently owns 6 hotels in the Lake District of England: Skiddow and King's Arms in Keswick, Lodore Falls in Borrowdale, George and Inn on the Lake in Ullswater, and Borrowdale Hotel. In addition, it appears that the family also owns the Armathwaite Hall Hotel in Bassenthwaite, and the Penrith in Ullswater. See a news article about the acquisition of the Borrowdale Hotel, and see the company website.
- Luray Caverns, Luray, VA. One of the most popular caverns in the U.S., it is owned and run by a Graves family descended from William Graves of Drogheda, Co. Louth, Ireland (genealogy 35). John H. Graves is the president of the board of directors. See their website.
- Original Watercolors by Richard Graves, Roseville, MN, USA. Original watercolors as paintings and on various products such as tote bags, scarves, draperies, etc. Dick also conducts art classes at Savage Art Center, Savage, MN. For more information, see his website at richardgraveswatercolors.com.
- Wright Made Products, Grand Forks, ND, USA. Handcrafted wooden products made and sold by Boyd Wright, descended from John D. Graves of MD, KY & MO (genealogy 111). For more information, see his website at www.wrightmade.etsy.com.
- Greaves Sports, Glasgow, Scotland, UK. This company was started by William Greaves who worked for a Glasgow retailer called Clydesdale Rubber Company. He bought the company in 1930. The company names was changed to Greaves Sports by grandchildren Jim and Bill Greaves. Today it is a thriving business with two stores in Glasgow and a major online shopping business. More information is on their website.
- Ron Graves, San Antonio, TX, USA, is a professional motivational speaker. This follows successful careers in the insurance industry and as an enlisted soldier and officer in the U.S. Army Reserves. Today he inspires business leaders across the country with his own “secret ingredient for success” – a Positively Optimistic Attitude. See his website. Ron is descended from genealogies 13 and 270, and is the main organizer of the Southwestern Chapter of the Graves Family Association.
- Graves & Co. is located in Houston, Texas. Founded in May 1996 by John L. Graves, Graves & Co. provides transaction advisory, service and support to the upstream oil and gas industry. He is descended from Capt. Thomas Graves (genealogy 169). See their website at http://www.graves-co.com.
- GLNX is located in The Woodlands, TX, USA (north of Houston, TX). Founded in 1975 by James C. Graves, GLNX provides railcar management, including rail equipment leasing and fleet management for shippers and railcar owners. Jim is Chairman and CEO, Glen Graves is Vice President and CIO, and Elizabeth (Libby) Graves is Executive for Accounts and Internet Technology. They are descended from Thomas Graves of Lunenburg Co. and Mecklenburg Co., VA (genealogy 152). See their website.